Once Upon a Time

irishdancer2

I like Hook, but I'm hoping he goes super evil for I dunno red kryptonite reasons or whatever. I do not want to see Emma/Hook.

I like the idea that Emma is solely focused on Henry, she says she liked Monkey-Man but I don't buy it. I think she might have been settling as part of her "programming". She flirts with Hook, but I don't buy it. Neal had possibilities, but... So now Emma has lived for 13? 14? years regretting not being a mother. She should concentrate on being the best she can at that while juggling hero duties. Letting her awesome-parts dictate stuff to her seems untrue and asking for more complications. Not saying single mothers/fathers can't find love, just come on... she's also an adventuring hero and savior because [fill in this season's reasons].

I would love to see Snow and Charming regulated to Fairytale Land after the baby. Reduced roles, guest spots, let them raise the new baby and resolidify (off screen) a piece of Fairytale Land for the good guys.

I want Maleficent to return and I want her to be awesome. I was hoping Maleficent would be moonlighting as the Wicked Witch (prior to seeing this new part of the season). Oh well. Nothing against Rebacca Mader but Zelena isn't doing it for me. An underwhelming villain.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the classically horrible villain logic / exposition I liked this week's episode. However that is because I'm granting Wicked leeway given she is only a "fairy tale" character with no memory or experience as a real world person. eg. Imagine how truly "stupid" the Charmings would act if not tempered by their real world memories.

If Wicked just never told [insert character spoiler here] what her plan was then her plan would surely have seen complete success.

As for [insert character spoiler here], I am as giddy as a schoolgirl that the douche level is starting get filled back up.

Also it should be no surprise to anyone after last last week's episode that Wicked is playing to the Oz story by needing; a heart, courage and a brain. However here's a thought that isn't OMG, but might have not occurred; Wicked is a paradox, she will cause her own history to be true by traveling back in time. Evidence A: Wicked's green magically vortex misty stuff is what whisked her away to Oz as a baby.

I like that idea.

I like Rebecca Mader but her acting is way over the top even by fairytale evil standards. Her scene with Hook was ridiculous.

Having said that, the Wicked Witch in Wizard Of Oz was one of the weakest written villians ever. All she did the entire movie was stalk the good guys and cackle impotently. She dies because while water will ****ing KILL her ... She inexplicably has buckets of it laying around her castle. Epic fail of a bad guy.

So even though the OUAT depiction is only mediocre its still a world above the movie.

Right now Regina is cursed with the equivalent of a Stormtrooper's -95% Accuracy Penalty otherwise the plot has to be reworked. In video games it's "Plot Armor". On Law & Order the cop would forget to file a piece of evidence or something. It's just when we get to a universe as fantastic as OuaT these things are way more obvious and harder to stomach.

Okay, episode over for me now. Disregard the spoiler thought. It would suck bawls if they did that given how the episode ended.

Afterthought:

Teaser for next week shows Glinda the Good Witch is arriving. Here's another cray cray dart I will hurl at the wall... Glinda is Snow and Charmings new kid, she gets whisked away as a baby and the Charmings officially are the worst parents ever after. lol why did I think that? If I were to cast someone to be Jennifer Morrison's sister it would be Sunny Mabrey.

The Killing thinks this show needs to pick up its pace.

I will say I liked the change of pace of Regina breaking the curse and it being Henry not believing this time that was the key.

I was disappointed that Regina broke the heart in two and used it on both. I wanted her to use the full heart on Charming and we'd think Snow was gonna die, then come to find out the baby's heart would keep Snow alive until it was born. That's what I thought they were doing because that's a great ticking clock.

As the episode was happening I thought a similar thing, but prior to I was entertaining the idea that Hook enacts the curse by giving up the Jolly Roger and then breaks it by convincing Henry that magic exists... essentially Hook would be giving up the first thing he truly loved and then in his mind giving up a chance with Emma (the second thing he truly loved) by going directly against her wishes.

But yeah, Regina getting her moment was the bestest. I've been telling my wife forever that if only Regina kissed Henry something would happen. Had the thought way back way back in that season when Henry was in the hospital and Emma pushes past Regina to kiss him awake.

Also for Fairytale Land's residents let's hope that dying as a flying-monkey isn't permanent. POOF! Maybe they just get "beamed" somewhere when their hit points run out.

• 2 weeks later...

This finale was better than it had any right to be. Better than the rest of the season by quite a bit. It got the fun back. The only bad part was them trying to pass off Snow Whale as Season 1 Snow White. LOL The difference when they went back to old footage was laugh out loud ridiculous.

Not really feeling Hook and Emma romance but whatever. I don't watch this show for the romance crap.

Loved Past Rumple. "What the HELL am I doing down here?" LMFAO

I love the movie Frozen so the final reveal was awesome and also great business planning on their part. Disney knows how to cash in on success LOL

They could even bring in Josh Gad as Olaf's human Storybrooke form!

Great ending. The Marion reveal actually had me gaping, and Elsa made me squee.

Didn't see the Marion thing coming at all, and I love how Regina immediately turned on Emma with a look that could burn a hole through the earth.

Watching it now. Paused as my wife takes a turn dealing with one of our four hundred children. 38 mins in, enjoying it, nervous about time travel now being a thing... most fiction becomes crap when time travel is introduced. I have never dug Hook as a goodie, but I have a day dream I hope happens...

I want Hook to become the new Peter Pan. The good one we all know. Then I want Blackbeard to mockingly take or have forced on him as a cruel joke by the new Pan the moniker of Hook. This also ends the horrible, IMO, Hook and Emma romance.

But anyway, back to "reality", here's hoping this doesn't become Heroes Season Two, it's got that scent ATM.

So glad I abandoned Heroes after watching the pilot. It felt like an hour of TV made by someone who's never read comics and thinks he's a pioneer, but it was all stuff I'd seen in plenty of comics published from 1986 to the present that already tackled the whole "what if super powers were real" premise.

This means I have no idea was Heroes season 2 was like, though. I'm gonna guess it was...bad? Am I close?

Heroes Season Two was every bad episode of all ten years of Smaville wrapped up into eleven time traveling episodes.

Heroes Season One is fun, if you stop at that. Just pretend nothing else Heroes exists and it becomes a neat homage to comic book origin stories. I do agree with your initial assessment, however.

Back to OuaT;

Loved this finale. I can now forgive the horrible Oz storyline because it ended in this fun tale. However, my word... Regina. Girl. Sucks to be you. The best part is it looks like Doubting Emma should be done, that was so tiresome to watch. The second best thing is that Neil has been remembered, honored and I am now okay with Emma moving forward. Big credit to the series creatives, I was on the verge of abandoning the show but I'm in again for next season.

Despite my initial grumbling about the Neverland arc, I think Peter Pan was a lot more interesting and less irritating than Zelena, Devourer of Scenery, whose problems were all photocopied from the old Regina. Too bad for her that Regina was a much better Regina than Zelena was.

The best part is it looks like Doubting Emma should be done, that was so tiresome to watch.

Man, she better be done with that. Maybe the kids these days crave cowardly, selfish quitters as protagonists, but it doesn't impress me much anymore. Heavy doubts and self-esteem issues are to be expected in the worst of times, but twenty straight episodes of "But I don't WANNA be a hero!" times however many seasons...yeah, Smallville cured me of that craving forever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.