Once Upon a Time

irishdancer2

Wow, I guess I'm the only one that likes where the show is heading. S2 was a bummer, but I have loved S3 thus far. The finale was a shocker to me and I can't wait to see where it heads.

I grumbled about Neverland for a few weeks, but it got better. The first half of S3 was a lot tighter than all of S2. I just hope the back half isn't three straight months of Emma being in total annoying repetitive denial about her identity/power/destiny/strength/middle name/whatever. Getting really tired of her constantly being the pathetic quitter of the bunch.

Wow, I guess I'm the only one that likes where the show is heading. S2 was a bummer, but I have loved S3 thus far. The finale was a shocker to me and I can't wait to see where it heads.

I grumbled about Neverland for a few weeks, but it got better. The first half of S3 was a lot tighter than all of S2. I just hope the back half isn't three straight months of Emma being in total annoying repetitive denial about her identity/power/destiny/strength/middle name/whatever. Getting really tired of her constantly being the pathetic quitter of the bunch.

If she continues on like that...then she can pack up and go with her parents. Seriously, their goody-goody shit is getting equally as annoying. The entire Neverland plot would have been solved in half the time if they just let Regina do what she does from the get-go.

Ha, it's funny how everyone's view is different. I love it. Regina is the one that completely gets on my nerves. Something about her just hocks me off. And I am so tired of the Rumple and Belle thing. That gets on my nerves.

Hook is actually now considered a regular from what I read. I do like the chemistry between Hook and Emma the best.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been hinted that Robin Hood was Regina's true love, but to be honest, I think ( hoped) that it would be Regina and Hook, because all they showed was the back of the guys head and a tattoo of a lion ( i think ). Maybe Hook and Hood knew each other or served in the same regiment or something..maybe it is just being foolish. That would certainly be one way to get Emma and Regina back at each others throat....( of course, I do prefer Emma with Bae/Neil.)

I like the idea that the Evil Queen's true love is Robin Hood, 'specially since in this story Marian was doomed. There is poetry in each of their first loves being lost and then finding happiness with each other.

I don't want to see a Regina/Emma/Hook triangle. Besides I think it's been shown that while Emma appreciates being thought of like Hook thinks of her, she has no intentions in letting that pirate find any booty.

• 1 month later...

So what does everyone think a few episodes in?

I think the Witch has some growing to do, but I love that the show hasn't just flipped Regina back into a villain (so far anyway) like some sorta Smallville plot. I hope Regina can stay walking this middle ground, she's so intetesting this way, IMO.

Also anyone else noticed that the Witch, Rebecca Mader, looks strikingly like Lori Singer from Footloose?

Nope. The first episode does a little "I don't remember anything" bit, allowing us to see how happy/normal Emma and Henry can be without fairy tale drama, but then the story starts running really quickly.

Without going all spoilers! I think the whole second curse/no memory thing was a really creative way to explain a certain something suddenly being something something.

Yeah, he's growing up quick. Not as sudden a change as Jake Sisko on DS9, but definitely noticable.

BTW, do you guys know the tale of the Swan Princess? Note sure if others have guessed it here or otherwise but I think eventually we'll see this play out with Emma... Swan... who's a princess. If I were to write it, bringing this back to Henry, it would be a defining growing up moment for him as he adventures out like his grandpa Charming to save a princess, just in this case it's his mom.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thought: Our Heroes know the Wicked Witch is among them, most likely in human form. You'd think the suspect list would look like this:

1. ANY STRANGE NEW FEMALES WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

2. Maybe Regina because we still think everything's her fault

Meanwhile, Storybrooke newcomer Zelena becomes Snow White's close, personal midwife based on a thirty-second diner chat. No application, no interview process, no background check, not even a magical once-over for fairy-tale royal-family security purposes. Good vibes and magazine hair told Snow all she needed to know. Yeah, okay.

And to think Snow once ruled a kingdom for a few minutes. Somehow. No wonder she was so easily overthrown.

Nice to know this week's episode dispelled that mystery, though it shouldn't have taken them four episodes and shouldn't have required a gift-wrapped eyewitness instead of them doing the due diligence to add 2+2 for their own feeble selves.

True, and totally something I giggled about. However, in fairness, the show has said since the first season that more people are in the town than we see in the plots. Plus they again said more people are arriving each day since they came back. Would we rather our heroes ponder about known villain Regina for a bit or start stringing up newcomers just because it could be them? Snow acted as Snow always has, trust given until shaken.

String up newcomers! String up newcomers! String up newcomers!

Seriously, though: I suppose Snow has a track record for doing the innocent thing in the face of all logical pointers to the contrary, but when there's a dangerous madwoman sorceress on the loose, how is Charming's very next thought anything except "RULE ONE: NO STRANGERS NEAR BABY"?

Honestly, I thought this was Storybrooke, not Smallville.

Charming is a bit of a ditz too if we really look at all of his actions. Hmm. Actually all of the main heroes are underdeveloped on the show when I think about it. All of the heroes with depth seem to only have bit parts. Dreamy is awesome, but a sidekick. Belle is neato, but regulated to Jinkies Status... Pinocchio was great, but now is... And then we have Neal who's potential was...

I would love for this show to center around Regina, Rumple, and Hook...maybe Emma. Maybe. MAYBE. I would get rid of Snow, Charming, and Henry.

Does every character on this show have to be overacted?? (except Belle...ReginaRumpleandHook?!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.