Once Upon a Time

irishdancer2

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't a fan of the first episode back, but I can see why it was kind of necessary. I'm interested to see what shakes out now that they know Archie isn't dead and they falsely accused Regina of murdering him. I hope they show us more of that than the lame "Regina didn't kill him. We should probably let her know we know that" than we got this episode.

Hook is a really fun villain; I'm enjoying him immensely. When he pushed Belle over that line and Rumpelstiltskin got up to take him down, I was on the edge of my seat like, "Oh man, **** just got real." Was that car that came crashing into town one that we were supposed to recognize? It seemed that way from the extended shot of the license plate, but based on the previews for this week, it's not anyone important/anyone we know.

And Belle :(

I really wish more of the main cast could act.

Are you talking about Emma and David?

I'm with you on Sleeping Beauty, but I actually don't mind Red as much as I did at first. Snow has been bothering me for a little while now. I think it's her tendency to say every line like it's a HUGE deal. I feel like David was better before as Charming in the old land/David before he became Charming again. As a person and as a character, he's clearly not super comfortable in his new found role of grandfather. Jami brings up a good one--the dwarf guy is great. I also really like Archie.

How do you guys feel about Cora? I thought she was an interesting villain at first, but now I'm pretty meh. Regina perfected the scary, obvious villain with a soft spot in season 1, and Cora doesn't pull it off quite as well.

I just started watching this series last night. I started with season 2 so the recap was helpful. I am not in love with the show because it seems very much like a soap opera, but I will watch more when I'm spending time with my friend who loves it. I laughed about the ringtone too, GGaB!

You can start an unspoiled season one thread if you want to, Echo.

Irish, Dwarf Guy just started a run on Californication as a scarily super gay agency exec and he was ****ing awesome. The actor is top shelf.

I don't think Cora has a soft spot at all. AT ALL. I can't believe you guys are falling for that crap. It's bad enough Reginia is falling for it.

Regina has an excuse, at least. She's at an all-time low with exactly zero humans on her side. Lonely, desperate, disenfranchised -- whatever you want to call her, right now she's at her weakest. I agree Cora is 100% heartless, but I can imagine someone in Regina's position buying into her motherly malarkey.

I can't wait until Regina and Cora show up arm in arm and Rumpel is all, "What the hell? I thought we agreed we didn't like her!"

Just occurred to me: Rumpel's sudden quest into the world is the perfect way to remove his character from Cora's path. Now she's free to wreak havoc on the town and Regina will have to stop her alone.

...except Regina can't stop her because she's conflicted or compromised or whatever, and in the next-to-last episode of the season, just as Cora has the entire town reeling and on the ropes, seconds before she can fire her giant magical killshot, BAM! In swoops a finally-returning Gold to save the day, just like Giles' awesome moment toward the end of Buffy season 6.

Or maybe li'l Henry takes notes from Carl Grimes, steals a gun, and shoots Cora in the face. Either scenario will do.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is going downhill fast. If it's not Regina/Rumpel-centric and there's no really cool guest star like the Frankenstein story from a few episodes ago, it just bores me to tears, especially anything involving oh-so-perfect Charming & Snow. Really, Snow? He went two feet down a hole, and you had to kiss him goodbye and throw yourself at him when he came back to the top? For that matter, why did Charming go down at all? Wouldn't it have been easier to drop the rope and pull up one person?

Anton was okay, I guess. Maybe I would've liked him better if the story surrounding him was written better. :shrug:

To be fair, that mysterious hole to nowhere in particular looked really, really deep. I'm not sure if Anton woud've been physically fit enough to hold onto that jutting pipe with one hand long enough to snag the rope without assistance. Speaking from personal experience: guys that size are historically not great at climbing the rope in gym class.

Anton did seem kind of hammy, but I had fun watching Abraham Benrubi (ER's Jerry the receptionist!) as his dad.

And Tess Mercer as Jack! Hopefully we haven't seen the last of her.

Oh, and carwreck dumbass sure is lucky to have been happening past that room where Regina was doing magic in the hospital for the only time during his stay there. And to have his cell phone handy and ready to shoot video! My cell phone takes so long to be ready to shoot video that an alien ship would pretty much have to land for me to get a shot of it.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a major casualty this week with pretty heavy implications for the rest of the season, so yeah kinda.

Fantastic episode though and that look in Regina's face at the end ... OMFG.

Reminded me of that moment after Tara's death, when Willow looked up, black-eyed and ready to destroy -- that same feeling that someone had better run.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.