NFF Practice Squad Changes

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And what's more is that people still can't get it right in either of the threads...

Ex, I don't mean to sound short, but understand that you're not the only one who's been busy or has other stuff going on. Lucas, Rock, and myself have been busy, too, but we've been doing our best to

Cut Cody Latimer   Take Branden Oliver down to the PS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So I can pick any 3 year and under player and put him on my list? (Assuming he hasn't played). That seems a little too much. I thought you could draft one and keep him and no FA's could be moved into the list.

I think I am misunderstanding what we've done here.

I thought you could draft a rookie as a developmental keeper and have him for 3 years max at no penalty. I did not think that the developmental player could be a free agent that we can claim and send to the PS. Is this right, or am I completely off base?

Odd.

We should probably limit the PS guys then to guys drafted so we don't further water down the available players. For some reason I always thought PS was strictly limited to guys the team drafted with a three year limit for keeping them there.

I don't think the league is anything close to watered down, especially after going back to 10 teams. And especially after the recent rule change to expand the flex spot (without adding a starter or taking away a bench spot)

I've been looking through old threads and what not because I am sure I asked something along these lines of do they have to be drafted by us and did they have to be a rookie. I feel like it was said they did not since we expanded the number of PS guys, it was deemed that there was no reason to exclude any player (minus those that were played of course).

Haven't found it yet, but I don't think I've come across the majority of the discussion on it yet either.

From the proposal (which passed with 8 yes votes, 1 abstention, and 3 no-shows):

Players eligible for the Practice Squad may come from the NFF Draft, the Supplemental Rookie Draft, FA pool, and trades. In order to be eligible, players must be on an NFF roster as a rookie. Players will immediately lose eligibility if they appear in any game at any time.

So if not kept as a rookie, that player loses eligibility to be on a practice squad? That's how I'm reading it. It's a non issue at this point because I don't want to change rules right before the draft.