Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFF Practice Squad Changes

NFF Practice Squad

207 replies to this topic

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Wherein is removed

...or Wheedon

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Daryl Richardson, moved to practice squard
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
Randall Cobb to PS. Activating Mark Ingram
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Goodbye, Christian Ponder. Sorry you didn't play better, faster it couldn't work out.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
I'll limit mine to RGIII and Russell Wilson
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Drop Keenum from mine plz
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Drop martin add kapernick
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Kapernick was not a rookie keeper, I don't believe he can be added to a roster. Hell, I believe I drafted him as a rookie.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
He hasn't appeared in an NFF game, he is therefore eligible.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
So I can pick any 3 year and under player and put him on my list? (Assuming he hasn't played). That seems a little too much. I thought you could draft one and keep him and no FA's could be moved into the list.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
He has to have been on an NFF roster (regular or PS) as a rookie.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Kaepernick was, I drafted him

http://nightly.net/t...-draft-central/

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
So since he was on a roster sometime as a rookie, and never played in a game I'm good to go with that right?

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
Yes.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
I think I am misunderstanding what we've done here.

I thought you could draft a rookie as a developmental keeper and have him for 3 years max at no penalty. I did not think that the developmental player could be a free agent that we can claim and send to the PS. Is this right, or am I completely off base?

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
As far as I know, any player who is in their 3rd year or younger and has never appeared in an NFF game is eligible to be sent to the practice squad.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
Odd.

We should probably limit the PS guys then to guys drafted so we don't further water down the available players. For some reason I always thought PS was strictly limited to guys the team drafted with a three year limit for keeping them there.
  • Exodus +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I'm all for less watering down, lol

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
I don't think the league is anything close to watered down, especially after going back to 10 teams. And especially after the recent rule change to expand the flex spot (without adding a starter or taking away a bench spot)

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
I've been looking through old threads and what not because I am sure I asked something along these lines of do they have to be drafted by us and did they have to be a rookie. I feel like it was said they did not since we expanded the number of PS guys, it was deemed that there was no reason to exclude any player (minus those that were played of course).

Haven't found it yet, but I don't think I've come across the majority of the discussion on it yet either.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
No worries, not trying to make a fuss. It just wasn't was I was thinking when we expanded the rookie keeper from 1 to 4

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
From the proposal (which passed with 8 yes votes, 1 abstention, and 3 no-shows):

Players eligible for the Practice Squad may come from the NFF Draft, the Supplemental Rookie Draft, FA pool, and trades. In order to be eligible, players must be on an NFF roster as a rookie. Players will immediately lose eligibility if they appear in any game at any time.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
So if not kept as a rookie, that player loses eligibility to be on a practice squad? That's how I'm reading it. It's a non issue at this point because I don't want to change rules right before the draft.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts
It just says "must be on an NFF roster as a rookie," doesn't say anything about the player being kept from year 1 to 2.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
SuperDragon drafted Montario Hardesty, released him without using him, and I was able to draft him the following season.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFF, Practice Squad