NFF Practice Squad Changes

Darth Lohr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I think I am misunderstanding what we've done here.

I thought you could draft a rookie as a developmental keeper and have him for 3 years max at no penalty. I did not think that the developmental player could be a free agent that we can claim and send to the PS. Is this right, or am I completely off base?

I've been looking through old threads and what not because I am sure I asked something along these lines of do they have to be drafted by us and did they have to be a rookie. I feel like it was said they did not since we expanded the number of PS guys, it was deemed that there was no reason to exclude any player (minus those that were played of course).

Haven't found it yet, but I don't think I've come across the majority of the discussion on it yet either.

From the proposal (which passed with 8 yes votes, 1 abstention, and 3 no-shows):

Players eligible for the Practice Squad may come from the NFF Draft, the Supplemental Rookie Draft, FA pool, and trades. In order to be eligible, players must be on an NFF roster as a rookie. Players will immediately lose eligibility if they appear in any game at any time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.