NFF Practice Squad Changes

Darth Lohr

This thread is for noting any changes you wish to make to your practice squad.

Changes can be made to the practice squad during the same periods as the regular roster (i.e. changes may not be made once game days have begun or once rosters have been put on hold during the offseason).

If you wish to add a player to the practice squad, simply post it on this thread. You must have an available spot on your squad to add a player. If your squad is full, you must name the player(s) you wish to drop or promote first and then who you wish to add. If you are promoting a player from the practice squad to your regular roster, remember you must also add him on the ESPN site. If you are demoting a player from your regular roster to your practice squad, make sure to declare it on this thread first. If you do not declare him as being on your practice squad, the player will be assumed to be a free agent.

It is your responsibility to be aware of a player's eligibility. Players must be on an NFF roster (regular or practice squad) as a rookie to qualify. After their third NFL season, they no longer qualify. Once a player appears in an NFF game, they lose practice squad eligibility. Rookies may be added via draft, trade, or free agency. Second and third year players may only be added via trade. Each team may keep as many as four eligible players on their practice squad, but may keep fewer (or none) if desired.

Practice squad rosters will be kept up to date in the practice squad roster thread, which is now pinned for your convenience and ribbed for her pleasure.

Dude I am not being assy. In this thread, there is nothing that says I have to draft a player before putting them here. What it does say is...

If you wish to add a player to the practice squad, simply post it on this thread.

...and so that's what I did. In my defense, all the rules associated with this concept should have been listed here - and having drafted them first was not.

If that was detailed in another thread, I apologize for having missed it. My home has been in turmoil for over a month with exterminators, A/C repairmen, and carpet replacement people. I had to do a lot of this either on somebody elses computer, hence the long waits between me getting off work and making my scheduled draft picks, or through my phone. Do any of you have any idea how difficult it is to navigate through this site on a mobile device? It is so much easier to completely miss posts and have them get buried before you read them when you're relying on your phone as your primary means of staying in touch with the rest of the league.

Insinuating that I "didn't bother reading" wasn't needed. I clicked on this thread, read what was here, and acted seemingly accordingly. If I missed something, it is because it is not within this thread. Partially my fault for not seeing it elsewhere, but again, circumstances should be taken into account here. It is understandable how I missed it.

So now I ask this. When can FA's be selected? When they are selectable, may I 1) add desired practice squad rookie via FA to my ESPN roster, and 2) immediately drop them from my ESPN roster once I list them here? If so, can I do this several times consecutively in one day to fill my practice squad if I decide to do that? Or is there a simpler process?

No, this thread should not have listed all the rules because that is not the purpose of this thread. It is simply to keep track of who is on the practice squads. The "how" of this whole thing was mostly laid out before we even voted on it - including the fact that there will be a supplemental draft after the rookie draft. We haven't even had the supplemental draft, yet. The players currently being listed here are the ones being moved from the regular roster to the squads. Then we the supp. draft. Then free agency will be opened.

I understand that it's hard if you don't have regular access, but if you're unclear on something, all you had to do was ask someone in a PM or something. Or read (even the latest page of the NFF thread). Instead, you just jumped in and started doing stuff and then when it was pointed out that you were doing it wrong, you were all "WTF?!? Maybe I just won't do it, then.". So, if you still don't understand and you really don't have the time or means to do a small amount of catching up, then please just ask one of us.

Ex, I don't mean to sound short, but understand that you're not the only one who's been busy or has other stuff going on. Lucas, Rock, and myself have been busy, too, but we've been doing our best to help the draft run smoothly and to implement the new system because Irish and UKLK have been even busier than we have.

This is a community league that is unique in many ways. It's done purely for fun and it takes a fair amount of work. We all need to do our best to put in the effort to spread the work around or at least make it easier for the ones doing it. Your mix up is hardly the first frustration we've had. There have been things that have been explained in detail by two or even three people and then people will still come back and do something wrong or ask something for the fifth time. So patience runs thin after awhile, I guess.

Things will run more smoothly in general and also be much more fun if we all just try to be part or the solution.

In short, Ex, if you have drafted rookies during our regular draft we just had (or if you had a rookie keeper from last season) list them here. If you didn't, there will be a seperate Rookie Draft and that's when you can get your guys.

Interesting. So technically I can have 4 keepers on here and have rookies on my roster and they are also eligible rookie keepers? FOr instance, I have AC Greene on my roster because I'm not sure how VinnyJax will do this year. But let's say he does awesome and I never need AC, at the end of the season can I drop one of my rookies on here and add AC back on?

Yes. Players don't lose their eligibility until it runs out or they are played in an NFF game. I can keep Mark Ingram on my regular roster all year long but when it comes time to select keepers bump him down to the practice squad so he sticks with Team Carr.

For further clarification as to our time frame:

Let's say the rookie draft will kick-off at 6pm Friday. That means your practice squad players must be declared by Thursday at 10pm.

Rookie draft will be concluded once everyone has their 4 practice squad slots filled, or they've passed on their picks.

Free Agency will begin at a time to be determined upon the completion of the rookie draft. Maybe 8am Monday?

So you have until Thursday night to declare practice squad players which will impact the draft order of the supplemental rookie draft.

In short, Ex, if you have drafted rookies during our regular draft we just had (or if you had a rookie keeper from last season) list them here. If you didn't, there will be a seperate Rookie Draft and that's when you can get your guys.

Thanks Rock. This is exactly what I needed. My bad for assuming the details would be listed here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.