Say Something Random About Books

Iceheart

Ha. I could never even remember her name was Diana while I was actively reading the book, that was how interested I was in her / how much I called her "Mary Sue."

I admit, I gave up at about the halfway point. Maybe it gets better. But I was too unimpressed by the first half to keep plodding on.

Yeah it is. I get the Mary Sue references and admit that she can be annoying occasionally but there is almost always an aspect of a story that irritates me and I can overlook that. It was well-crafted, well-worded and had a lot of new ideas about the mixing of magic and science that I haven't read anywhere else. Hence why I loved it.

The library is recalling my loan on A Storm of Swords. Under normal circumstances, I would get two renewals, but someone else put a hold on it.

Oh, did I mention that I'm three days in to the three busiest weeks of my year at work?

So. Do I mainline it for the three days I have left in every possible free moment, or do I pay late fees?

• 2 weeks later...

Or listening to an audio book!

Which I am currently doing for Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. My husband tried to listen to this book awhile back and got bored right away. I have been totally enthralled since the first chapter. I loved his Fall of Giants, and this is very similar. The plot moves slowly but the character development is superb. I am sort of happy to be underemployed currently so I have more time to listen!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For all the library naysayers... I stopped in at the library to pick up a couple of holds today at the tail end of my errand run. The library opened at noon, I pulled in around 11:56pm. I waited with a half-full parking lot, including people lined up at the door, for the librarian to unlock the door. Once he did, there was a rush to get in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.