Say Something Random About Books

Iceheart

• 2 weeks later...

LOOK AT ALL THE BOOKS I JUST BOUGHT!

935238_10151583597745549_1487316605_n.jpg

I focused on the stuff I know is popular. Tomorrow, bags are $5 each! More obscure stuff, here I come!

P.S. I picked up Atonement because Benedict Cumberbatch is in the movie. REESE, when I'm done with it we should have another movie night.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One something random :

1. The recent death of Ann C. Crispin from cancer at age 63. I was especially fond of her Star Trek novel about Spock's parents. After seeing her username in the AOL chatroom devoted to Sci-Fi and Fantasy I instant messaged her and asked her some questions (Q: Is Bria really dead? A:"as a doornail") in what must have been the fall or winter of 1998. Jedi Cool's chapter-by-chapter recaps and comments of and on her Han Solo Trilogy can be found here and here and here.

Guest Lotus1225

Where have they gone, Lotus?

They went nowhere. I am just too busy making minion beanies (and costume). Everyone loves them these days.

A.C. Crispin died? ****, I liked her. Took her writing seminar at DragonCon in 2001. She was good at it. Weird and irritable in person, but that was real. She didn't put on airs. Not a spectacular writer, but above average. Her V and Star Trek books were good.

Sorry to hear this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I checked out this book, "LOST CATS.... something something" that I thought would be interesting but it was kind of dry. This lady lost her cat and she was looking at the posters that people put up and ended up collecting different lost cat posters and looking into the personalities of people who write lost cat posters. I couldn't finish it. Me. A Crazy Cat Lady.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.