Crazy Political Status Updates from my Facebook news feed...

Ness

• 3 weeks later...

Just for larfs, Travis county (this is where Austin is in Texas) has a new chairman of the GOP the party for the county. Here's a link to some of his best tweets:

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2016/03/02/12-real-and-absurd-tweets-from-the-new-head-of-the-travis-county-republican-party

One of my favorites is:

If Hillary Clinton is elected the next president of the USA, I will put my tongue up Barbara Bush's ass on national TV.

Too bad Barbara has some kind of sensitivity to this.

So many of my friends are taking to social media today to share their fierce outrage that a new restaurant is daring to offer *gasp* British Colonial cuisine in the former "black downtown" of Portland.

Of course the restaurant is not promoting a return of colonialism. But let that diminish your rage, because even the food we eat needs to be safe space approved in the eternal struggle against white patriarchal oppression! Don't try and feed me any of your filthy, privileged microaggressions!

Man, if I weren't so busy gentrifying my neighborhood, I'd seriously consider moving.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/wait-what-trump-i-never-said-i-would-pay-supporters-legal-fees/

okay-Pong, Amanda-seriously, tell me why Trump gaslights so poorly? He's denying he said thing he said on video just days prior. I get that his followers don't care that he lies,

but this kind of blatant ignorance MUST be a ploy of some kind-right? He's not THAT dumb and feeble-minded. Is he just doing this to drive people crazy?

Jesus, Pong. How do you even live in the Pacific Northwest. I mean there's some benefits somewhere, I guess, but the cost of living and wacko's...

If something makes me roll my eyes particularly hard, I just post it here and immediately feel better.

PNW is actually pretty nice if you can handle the rain (rains less than advertised, but it can get kind of oppressive if you are prone to the SAD). There's lots of good fewds and music, it's very bike, hobby, and nerd-friendly, etc.

Plus, as much as Portlandia seems like a documentary at times, I'd much rather be around insane, aggressively ignorant progressives than insane, aggressively ignorant rednecks, so there is that. At the end of the day, the people whose comments/posts I joke about are saying stuff I basically agree with (colonialism = big net negative for native ppl, religion is dumb, etc.) -- they are just taking it to extremes and disregarding things like logic, facts, and/or basic respect for differing beliefs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.