Crazy Political Status Updates from my Facebook news feed...

Ness

I get a lot of both, and I think I actually defriended a couple people for it. I can't remember if I defriended or just blocked from news feed. But it certainly seemed like some of the anti-gun nuts were just waiting for something like this so they could post their essays.

The antigun crowd doesn't want kids to be around guns. It could take any stigma away from guns and solidify gun culture further. It would mean that kids would learn gun safety and know how to be safe around them. And they would probably buy guns when they were older or at least be pro gun voters.

Basically the antis worst nightmare.

A couple of quick things: Weren't the 50's full of anti-communism and great cold war fear? I can see why they would have plain rifle training in class. I know I liked archery in PE.

Thing two: The gun lobbies are scared because people don't buy as much firearms as they used to. So this semi-automatic makes a great seller for a target shooter and creates great hype to sell this kind of stuff. However since bizarre laws have been put into place there's no longer any documentation about what type of gun and caliber of bullet is used in crime so statistically there is not much we can see about how death by gun happens.

The antigun crowd doesn't want kids to be around guns. It could take any stigma away from guns and solidify gun culture further. It would mean that kids would learn gun safety and know how to be safe around them. And they would probably buy guns when they were older or at least be pro gun voters.

Basically the antis worst nightmare.

The interesting thing that I've noticed on Facebook is that both sides seem to have a religious zeal for it. But the anti-gun crowd, amongst my Facebook friends, is more disrespectful, annoying and incapable of making an argument without cussing or refering to everyone who disagrees with them as an idiot.

I'll be cleaning my list soon.

The interesting thing that I've noticed on Facebook is that both sides seem to have a religious zeal for it. But the anti-gun crowd, amongst my Facebook friends, is more disrespectful, annoying and incapable of making an argument without cussing or refering to everyone who disagrees with them as an Idiot.

Given the end of the political spectrum on social issues the anti gun hard liners hail from, I'd say that's par for the course.

Thing two: The gun lobbies are scared because people don't buy as much firearms as they used to.

Not trying to flame you, but that isn't correct.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/robert-farago/november-nics-checks-sets-new-record/

Notice something? The last time there was a November surge in the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) was exactly four years ago, after an Illinois Democrat won the presidency. Even though the Obama administration hasn’t moved the needle on gun control—save the illegal ATF long gun registry for our border states—the market has spoken. And it says BUY! Which, as we know, is a good thing for gun rights; the more people who own guns in America the harder it is to restrict them. In theory. Anyway, most NICS checks ever in a day led to the most NICS checks ever in a month. What’s more, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (who keeps these records for the industry) tells us that “This marks the 30th straight month that NSSF-adjusted NICS figures have increased when compared to the same period the previous year.”

The last few days have been crazy. Gun stores have sold out of almost all ARs and AR mags. Prices have been raised drastically because people are scared that these will be banned soon.

The interesting thing that I've noticed on Facebook is that both sides seem to have a religious zeal for it. But the anti-gun crowd, amongst my Facebook friends, is more disrespectful, annoying and incapable of making an argument without cussing or refering to everyone who disagrees with them as an idiot.

I'll be cleaning my list soon.

I had to endure some of these rants from the pro-gun crowd from my 2 favorite co-workers... sigh. One of them changed her Christmas gift to her husband to an AR-15 because she figures he won't be able to get one soon. Apparently he wants to get one for target practice competitions? Of course, she can't find one now, so who knows if she'll get one on order before January?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that either your logic is flawed or my reading comprehension is off-the-charts-horrible, because I don't see anything in that that says any cause of death is a good thing.

Whether the statistics are right or not, I don't know and don't really care enough to research, but the point that's being made is that people freak out about guns like they're killing everyone all the time and we have to ban them, when nobody's interested in banning Pong who is responsible for the death of my spirit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.