Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightly.net FANTASY FOOTBALL Season IX!

yahoo fantasy football

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

I agree it is almost complete luck and maybe going on a hunch. But you really cant play the If Then because records will be different. How often do you see a team go 10-6 with mid pack total scoring who makes the playoffs and an 8-8 team who misses the playoffs and scores the 2nd or 3rd most amount of points? That happens regularly.

Case in point in the nightly yahoo football league. Europia Monoliths score 56.50 points and win. That point total would have only beaten 1 team and just so happens it was the team he was playing against. Ex's Republic scored 109.50 points and lost. He would have defeated over half of the teams had he played them. This is why the If Then theory doesnt work.

No, that is why it does work. It's the only realistic way you can compare two teams over an entire season. Unless you're saying that in your example the Monoliths were the better team, because they won and the Republic lost. Which is just stupid. That's like saying that a high school team that goes undefeated must be better than a NFL team that goes 8-8.

If you look at each week and compare what Team A and Team B scored, it will clearly show you who would've won that week. It will clearly show you how each team performed on a weekly basis. That wouldn't work in real football, but this is fantasy football.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
kevin ogletree, denarius moore, and alshon jeffery. not a single higher ranked WR left that's got more points. if romo didn't suck so hard, i would feel better about playing ogletree :(

Side note: Danger I busted out laughing at that logo!

:thumbsup: bc the real definition isn't what i think of first when i see your team name.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
You have your opinion and I have mine. We will leave it at that before anything gets too much heat.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
An opinion might be what you had, but I think it's pretty clear I had facts.
  • Rock +1 this

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
you have both done well and have proven yourselves to be worthy opponents. however, you two can suck it because i'm going kick your asses. next year.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I'm pretty sure Lucas and I weren't getting heated. We were just making sense.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
Danger. You are going to get beaten like a drum (this is the last chance I will have to talk smack before tomorrow night. I have a great feeling about tomorrow's matchups. Fall is in the air.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
yeah, your team is gonna fall flat on their face into a pile of strategically placed chunky diarrhea covered with roaches!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
Looks Rivers is serving up some of those chunks.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i have no son. i mean wide recievers. they are terrible. cruz has ****ed me twice now. and somehow everyone's kicker i play gets 15 points or more. i have the best kicker in the league and his crap team can't at least get him in range, lol.

edit: my plan is to have mendenhall as my third reciever slot.

Edited by danger, 23 September 2012 - 04:32 PM.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
yay!!!!!! way to go rivers!!!! lose 2 of your 3 points!!!!!!!!! just what i wanted!!!!!!! i knew i should have played smith :no:

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
You still have four player in play to my two and my two are not in great shape.

I am definitely think projected points in yahoos system is sucky way to choose you slots with.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i have 6 remaining players and you have 4. well, that's if you count rivers as a player. all 3 of my WRs got a whopping 16 points TOTAL. your kicker got 18. I THINK YOU'RE GONNA WIN, haha!

i think i'll do better...next year.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
The Terminators got lucky with that one RB for 34 points.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i have no choice. i must murder phillip rivers. how is it possible to suck so hard?

what is this year? topsy-turvy land?

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
spam, i am disgusted by our stats.

-your kicker has more points than any member on your team.
-i have one player with more than 7 points
-i have 8 slots with less than 7 points

as of right now, i have 2 players in a 4th quarter, 1 D player to go and you have 1 player in the 4th quarter, and one WR to go.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
What a happy accident. I think this calls for more beer!

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
this is me right now. the week i play celek he gets 3 points and miller gets 18 :heart:

at least i dominated in my other league.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
the first time i don't start san fracisco DEF they get 32 points. that's more than their first 3 game's points put together.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
If it makes you feel better, I am going to beat my opponent this week. Oh yes I am *does cabbage patch*

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i knew i didn't have a chance to win this week in either league, so i played around with my line up. found out i did once the 49ers DEF did well to spite me.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
*yawn* another win for me.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
Danger! You may still have a chance this week!

Also. Paging Skiff Guard!

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Damn, looks like the elite rookie decided to not show up this week.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,982 posts
Danger, it was report card week and I just saw you proposed a trade. I don't think you want Jennings. He's out this week.

Also, in your face doubters of Spam. I'm going to thrash Irish's Mom like a Pimp that's been cheated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yahoo, fantasy football