Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightly.net FANTASY FOOTBALL Season IX!

yahoo fantasy football

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
I'll kick your ass too.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,992 posts
There is no joy in football. Only pain.
  • danger +1 this

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Spoken like someone who's never won a championship. ;)

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,992 posts
So true. But possibly this year. It is on.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
OK so what do I call myself then Ash? Seems like I have advanced to the playoffs more times in any of the various fantasy sports in nightly. And I do own several championships which I can list here if you want me to. LOL So yes that does qualify as an elite player.

OK I may not be a rookie anymore because I enjoy the ass kicking that I dish out HA HA Dont take it personal. I am just trying to have fun with the competition. Ask Lucas, he can fill you in on the epic battles we have had.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
I "hate" Texascat.

I don't hate people that aren't any good. It's a waste of time.
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
LOL Your good but I am better. Not always, but most of the time.

Remember, dont "hate" what ya aint! Holla Holla

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
In what world are you better than I am "most of the time?"

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
Planet Earth. Take a look at them fantasy leagues (basketball/football) from the past 3 years or so that I have been around. I still dont understand the keeper league stuff, but would like to get into one sometime. Back in the day I was told that I had to "earn my stripes" and that mission has been accomplished most definitely. So I am looking for my challenges here on nightly in fantasy sports.

I welcome any and all competition and definitely defeating those who think they know what they are doing. HA!

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
Yes, let's take a look.

Yahoo Fantasy Football
Yearly Scoring: 1,321 - 1,180 in favor of Team Carr
Team Carr won the lone match-up 111 - 82.
If Team Carr and Texas Greyhounds were to have played every week, Team Carr would have gone 9-4.

Yearly Scoring: 1,360 - 1,334 in favor of Team Carr
Team Carr won the lone match-up 99-57
If they were to have played every week, the Greyhounds would have gone 7-6 (nice job!)

Nightly Basketball Federation
2012:
In the yearly tally of the categories, Team Carr had a 5-4 advantage.
Team Carr also went 14-13 in the two matchups against Highlight Reel

2011:
In the yearly tally of the categories, Team Carr had a 5-4 advantage.
Highlight Reel went 11-7 in two matchups against Team Carr (nice job!)
To be completely fair, you won the title that year; so kudos.

2010:
In the yearly tally of the categories, Team Carr had a 6-3 advantage.
The teams tied 18-18 in their four match-ups in the season
To be completely fair, I won the championship that year, so kudos to me.

I ask again, in what world are you living in that you're superior to me "most of the time?"
  • Darth Lohr and Ms. Spam +1 this

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
Remember statistics are really never the true story. It all boild down to W and L columns. You can say, sure if we played against each other on a weekly basis, then........... but that is always the If Then scenario. That is always not a true indicator of the success of each team.

I always welcome the challenge of going up against your team. You and I each have that ultra competetive spirit that makes these leagues fun.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
So, he scores more than you overall. He scores more than you head-to-head. He has a better record than you.

But all that somehow adds up to you being better? Wow, that's some damn strong kool-aid you're drinking!!! :spit:

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
My take on it also:

Fantasy Basketball 2009--pre Highlight Reel MEOW

Team Carr with a 120 W and 67 L record and best record in league (Congrats)

Fantasy Basketball 2010--Highlight Reel arrives and stays in league

Team Carr 102 W 83 L 4 Ties and Highlight Reel 119 W 67 L 3 Ties (Highlight Reel has best record in league)

Fantasy Basketball 2011

Team Carr 99 W 69 L 3 Ties and Highlight Reel 108 W 61 L 2 Ties (Highlight Reel has best record in league again)

Fantasy Basketball 2012

Team Carr 63 W 44 L 1 Tie and Highlight Reel 67 W 39 L 2 Ties ( OMG Highlight Reel has best record in league AGAIN)

Just the facts sir............

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
You aren't very good at this. Our overall records do absolutely nothing to compare our teams.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts

So, he scores more than you overall. He scores more than you head-to-head. He has a better record than you.

But all that somehow adds up to you being better? Wow, that's some damn strong kool-aid you're drinking!!! :spit:

Head to head Ok he won but that is just 1 week of the season. And playoffs are made in 1 week right?

Scoring more points overall, ok so be it. Would you rather win by 100 once and lose by 3 points twice?? Interesting point huh?

Better record than me?? Maybe you should read my post on the basketball season I just posted and draw your own conclusions.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts

You aren't very good at this. Our overall records do absolutely nothing to compare our teams.

Overall records mean everything. It determines who has the # 1 seed, # seed and so on. At least thats what 40 years of following sports has taught me.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,276 posts
Newsflash: Fantasy Sports aren't real sports.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts

Newsflash: Fantasy Sports aren't real sports.

You made my point exactly. Team A has best record and scores 3rd most points but gets bye for winning division. Team B scores most points and gets bye also. Team C scores 2nd most points, plays in 1st round of playoffs and loses. So tell me which one ya wanna be? Your case says Team C and I say either Team A or B. Simple math here............

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,992 posts
But statistics are fantasy stats. It is how wins are scored. All I hear is backpedal backpedal backpedal.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
As we've been talking about over in the NFF, it's all about matchups. That is total luck of the draw and you have no control over who you play or how they do. The only true way to measure it, if you must, is to look at who would've won each week had the two of you played each other.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts

As we've been talking about over in the NFF, it's all about matchups. That is total luck of the draw and you have no control over who you play or how they do. The only true way to measure it, if you must, is to look at who would've won each week had the two of you played each other.

I agree it is almost complete luck and maybe going on a hunch. But you really cant play the If Then because records will be different. How often do you see a team go 10-6 with mid pack total scoring who makes the playoffs and an 8-8 team who misses the playoffs and scores the 2nd or 3rd most amount of points? That happens regularly.

Case in point in the nightly yahoo football league. Europia Monoliths score 56.50 points and win. That point total would have only beaten 1 team and just so happens it was the team he was playing against. Ex's Republic scored 109.50 points and lost. He would have defeated over half of the teams had he played them. This is why the If Then theory doesnt work.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts

Europia Monoliths score 56.50 points and win.

this is why i'm hot / why i'm the super bowl champion new york giants of nightly fantasy football.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts

this one mother****er has calvin johnson and keeps low balling me to stafford from me. mother****er offers me ingram. then adds on mark schaub (who he dropped today). the nerve, i tell you!

now this bitch is offering adrian peterson for jones-drew. haaaa! he's also still trying to peddle mark ingram by offering him and owen daniels for brent celek.

I based my pick to who would win that match up based on that avatar of irish's mom.

Ha.

some of you guys need a team logo.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,992 posts
Thanks, Danger. I think Lohr or Rock made me one once too. That one was saved to a hard drive I lost many moons ago.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
All right "Elite Rookie" let us compare. I'll use football since that is all I do.

Cellar Dwellers have 4 years in the books. Playoffs all 4 years. Championship appearances in 3 years. Championship wins in 2 years.
Texas Greyhounds have 3 years in the books. Playoffs all 3 years. 1 for 1 in championships.
So far I'd say being in it til the end 3 out of 4 years compared to your 1 in 3, puts me a step ahead of you.
Oh and Cellar Dwellers won it all in the team's first year of existence! Better than you son!

One year I finished with a better record than you, other than that we always have had the same record.
I'm 2-1 against you head to head.

I hold records for most wins in a season (including playoffs) at 12 and Most points in a single week, All time.

If you are an elite rookie, I must be legendary.

Side note: Danger I busted out laughing at that logo!
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yahoo, fantasy football