Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightly.net FANTASY FOOTBALL Season IX!

yahoo fantasy football

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Danger I'm in if you need me, and yes I'm still in Austin.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts
Whew. You threw me off with mountain pacific time. I loves me some austin but would never survive the traffic.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
thanks, irish. it's a bunch of usc friends. church of lattimore saints. GO *****! SUCK IT VANDY!

edit: hey! nightly is prejudice against my team.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Got a good friend who just started at USC law.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
edit: nevermind, i figured it out. i figure that NA means not available but i can't find any news on that guy being suspended or injured. wat do?

irish! that guy still hasn't signed up in the league yet. i'm going to call the "manager" when i get up tomorrow and ask if we need another guy. i guess PM me your e-mail so when i find out i can send you the invite.

Edited by danger, 03 September 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts
Holy crap.

I drafted Eli Manning! I have a little bit of tweaking to do this afternoon.

I couldn't find anything on your guy with NA, Tommy. Mine was cut by NO's so I have to find a replacement.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,240 posts
I love this league. Michael Turner in the 12th round?! And of course it's texascat that lucks out like that. OF COURSE IT IS.

And despite putting EVERY KICKER IN THE LEAGUE on my 'do not draft' list, I still took one in the 11th round.

WHERE IS SENSE, YAHOO? WHERE IS SENSE?!
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts
In one of my other leagues someone drafted no QB and someone else drafted 4. This was ESPN. A TE was drafted in the first round by someone that was there for the live draft.

Quick, someone go be confused and see what is projected for Tebow and then for Sanchez! ESPN had Tebow down in the ESPN draft I did last week for 3330 passing yards!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
****, I might draft Jimmy Graham as a 1st rounder if I had keepers already.

But yeah, this is always a fun league. Looking forward to it.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts
I am pondering the trade. I still need to wake up a little. This is my lay around the house day and it's going to be awesome!

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i can't believe you willfully added that p*ssy sanchez, spam.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
i think i am happy with this team, should be fun

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
I do like my team in this league. I feel I had 2 "super steals" of the draft: Getting Drew Brees with pick #11 is really awesome, and Michael Turner with a very late round pick is nice! I think yahoo had the "rosters must be balanced" before drafting backups, thats why Turner and Bradshaw fell so much.

As far as luck, maybe I had a little. But I did prepare my draft by moving people way up or down. I had moved Turner much higher on my list, thus getting him.

It should be an exciting season, and best of luck to all ^-. .-^

Edited by Texascat, 03 September 2012 - 03:36 PM.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i just saw that i have the worst team, statistically :lol:

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,240 posts

I had moved Turner much higher on my list, thus getting him.

OH MY BAD FORGOT IT WAS SKILL.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,483 posts
It was a dumb blonde moment, Tommy. More than likely after I consider my team (I have to look at bye weeks) and make some moves in possible preparation for a trade.

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts

LOL I decided to try multiple fantasy football leagues this year. I like the RBs so I had moved a whole bunch of them WAY HIGH up. I can post my list here if needed. I know Turner had been a 300+ touch guy the last few seasons, so I had adjusted my list.

Now now Lucas, dont be upset already. I mean your team has not even lost to mine yet. I look forward to defeating any and all challengers. I know we have had some epic battles in the past, so here is to another year and more of the same.

Dont hate what you aint. And try not to use my line. HA!

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

Posted Image

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,240 posts
Dude, come on. Because of how yahoo (doesn't) works you got a steal of a pick in the twelfth round, a guy that probably will go no lower than the 4th round at the latest in any other non-ppr league this year. You don't need to apologize, but don't act like you had anything to do with it lol.

Every year it's someone. Last year it was Ryan Mathews in the 12th, Steve Smith in the 16th, and Sproles in the 16th (to me). I think another time a couple years ago I got Steven Jackson in the 10th or something ridiculous. It had nothing to do with where those guys got pre-ranked- they dropped because of the way yahoo fills your roster during the draft.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
All I know is... On paper I am stacked

Texascat

Texascat

• Members
  • 631 posts
Take a look at the quality in Rounds 12 and 13...do you want me to list everything there? ( Bush, Turner, Bradshaw, Sproles, McGahee, Greene, The Law Firm, Williams). They are are all 1000+ yard rushers and 1500+ yard total yard gainers. Hell, I mean I was pick #11 and I didnt say anything. LOL I believe Brees should have gone top 6 for sure. You should question Cam Newton #2 overall, Janikowski as a Kicker in Round 4, or drafting individual defensive players anything before round 9. The Saints are my 2nd fave team and getting their QB makes me happy.

This is what makes this league super ultra fun. We are all amateurs and human. Sometimes we go with our gut or personal favorite. Its a free league and taking chances/risks makes it very intriguing. I really like competing with the same group and see all the trash talking going on. Its never too early to start it. WOOOOOOOOOOO Im ready for the season to begin. Let the good times roll.........

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
I didn't even set my rankings since yahoo doesn't do jack with it. Too many times I had a player A ranked higher than player B, the auto draft gave me player B and 2 rounds later Player A is taken by another team.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,240 posts
You strung a bunch of sentences together, but I'm not sure there was an actual coherent thought there.

I'll look forward to kicking your ass... just like last year (111-82 in week 4 and 1321 to 1180 overall)

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i had janikoswki high on my list...AS WELL AS BRADSHAW :angry: why didn't i get???

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
All made sense to me.

But I'm still going to kick his ass too :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yahoo, fantasy football