I don't like Irish people

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Guest El Chalupacabra

How does someone with 1 post randomly find this thread, of all the ones I've started, and bump it 2 years later?

Because said someone is likely an alias. How many new accounts created in the last couple years are brand new posters, really? I'd say they are in the minority.

I hate pretty much any American who has lived here several generations and yet rants and raves about pride in their cultural heritage. If you're a third generation American, you're American-- not Irish, not Polish, etc.

Is that a white people thing? Is it weird if an Asian or a Latino does it?

Guest El Chalupacabra

This thread is pretty badass.

I don't have a problem with the Irish, though. Just the Boston Bruins.

Case in point, right there.

I hate pretty much any American who has lived here several generations and yet rants and raves about pride in their cultural heritage. If you're a third generation American, you're American-- not Irish, not Polish, etc.

What RA said.

Don't tell me you've never met someone that you don't consider White enough, and asked about their background. Maybe not initially, but eventually. Perhaps with the pretend innocuous question "Where are you from?" And when the person answers with a city in the US, following up with "No, where are you really from?"

If you don't do that, you're allowed to hate. But if you do that, or have ever done that, then you are not allowed to hate and in fact, are part of the problem, since a primary reason why a third generation Asian, or Latino, or whatever, may 'cling' to a cultural heritage is precisely because no one is willing to consider them an actual American.

Holy crap. I didn't meet a black person until high school. It was my senior year in Katy, TX at Katy High School and she was on the same bus stop as me coming home. I swear I didn't see her any different than other people and would actually sing to stuff on my Walkman with her sharing my ear buds. I lived in some WHITE people areas previously where black people didn't want to go. So by then I would say that I didn't get to that racism aspect in my life. College was a trip in Georgia. Klu Klux Klanners are funny funny people.

I was poor Irish too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.