I don't like Irish people

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Guest Letsgo_7_7

I'm dead serious. I'm sick and tired of the f-cking Irish. It's been a while, too long really, since good old fashioned Irish hate was in vogue, but I think it's time to bring it back. Here's what's wrong about the Irish:

1. A lot of ugly pasty white people, especially gingers, are like 1/32 Irish or something like that, and an unfortunately high number of these people have a really odd and befuddling pride in their Irish-ness. I don't get it. WTF is wrong with you people? So you have a great-grandfather that was Irish or something, why are you proud of that? Is it really so bad just to identify with "American" or "generic White?"

2. Your accents are stupid; you sound retarded.

3. The nation-wide fascination and dick-sucking of Notre Dame by your kind deserves to be pointed at, laughed at, and mocked harshly. Yes, I get that all of you identify with that sh-thole because it's an Irish Catholic beacon, and therefore is some misplaced source of personal pride for you all (whether you went there or not) but let's call it the way it is- your football team sucks and it's never going to be good again. I don't care how many goddamn games you have broadcast on NBC, the team still blows.

4. Irish-themed punk rock bands, you know the type, are an abomination.

5. You guys are mostly poor and lacking in any taste or culture whatsoever- really, like one rung above the rednecks.

6. Almost the entirity of your ethnic identity is wrapped around the image of a bumbling, drunken, fool. Now, I like a good drink just as much as the next person, but it is shameful that your culture, if you can even call it that, is pretty much limited to pubs and beer. After all, there's a reason why people such as Beethoven, Isaac Newton, and John Locke did not emerge out of Ireland, which by the way, should be mentioned was a sh-thole for most of human history. Jesus, even Italy, that sh-tty peninsula of lazy guidos managed to produce Michelangelo, once upon a time.

7. You are all Catholic... I mean, LOL. Enough said.

now that i've actually read your tl;dr post, let's go, are you retarded?

1. pride is just a catchphrase.

2. new york accents are worse.

3. nobody has talked about notre dame for years bc they suck

4. i can think of way worse abominations in music like america's current top 40

5. and american culture is better?

6. at least it's not wrapped around crime like the blacks or servants like women

7. not all, but any religion is bad anyway

My only problem with the Irish isn't even a problem with them, it's Guinness. More specifically, Guinness drinkers. People swear by it and act like you're not a man if you don't drink it.

It has less alcohol than a ****ing Pabst. Have fun gaining 20 pounds per beer while I get drunker of cheap ****.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Danger,

You never cease to amaze me. The self-pwning is brutal, comical, and downright embarrassing. Here's a tip for you danger- if you're going to say something like "nobody cares," don't follow that up later with a post where you go point-by-point through my post and make arguments against me. If you're gonna play the aloof, I'm too cool for this sh-t schtick, you have to actually, you know, not care. And, I'll even give you another free tip- you can't use "tl;dr" and then make a post betraying the fact that you did, indeed, read the entire thing. Oops!

Guest Letsgo_7_7
I find it amusing that our little princess posted on a Sar Wars based internet message board, that she's got a problem with pasty skinned white people

Christ. Please, do humanity a favor and hang yourself.

It's kinda hard for you to play the "omg you're posting at a star wars board, you're such a loser" angle, when you are a) the #1 poster today in post count; and b) have posted at this site over 8,500 times.. meaning you have sat your pathetic ass in front of a computer screen thousands of thousands of times, posting with a bunch of Star Wars geeks.

Second, yeah I'm ranting on a message board full of pasty skinned geeks, so what? Yes, once upon a time I was surfing the web, back in 1999, and found a decent time-waster that I have been using ever since when I have to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time. Ever notice that my posts always seem to come most frequently on weekdays between 9 AM and 5 PM. Gee.. I wonder... why could this ever be? I don't know skiff, I just don't know.. that is such a godddamn puzzle, now isn't it?

letsgo,

the only reason i came back and skimmed your little post was i had to wait for some video content to load on my computer, and i felt like fighting a little. instead you disappoint me with insults as stupid as correcting spelling errors.

Whooah Shootah!

I was just making a comment that chances are most of the individuals that post here probably are white and have rather pale skin in accordance with the Star Wars/internet geek stereotype, and I found it amusing that you targeted that particular characteristic.

I wasn't attacking you (with the arguable exception of the "princess" comment)

Take a tip from the Irish hun, don't be so sensitive

Guest Letsgo_7_7

OK fine danger, well here is my more serious reply then.

1. pride is just a catchphrase.

?

2. new york accents are worse.

Possibly, but it's hard for me to objectively evaluate that since I hear them all the time and probably even have one. In fact I know I have one. We'd need someone from the midwest or plains states, like Nebraska or something, to tell us which one is worse. Finally, I would offer that your neck of the woods has the worst accent of them all.

3. nobody has talked about notre dame for years bc they suck

Untrue. As I mentioned, every f-cking Saturday on NBC in the fall, they have the stupid Notre Dame game on. And millions of people, without fail, tune in to watch, and it's all about ridiculous Irish and/or Catholic pride, and it's retarded.

4. i can think of way worse abominations in music like america's current top 40

Oh come on, even if you don't like top 40 generally, you have to admit that some of the songs are catchy and every now and then a pop star is actually talented. Irish-themed punk rock, however, has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

5. and american culture is better?

Absolutely. Come on- apple pie, football, building lots of aircraft carriers and blowing sh-t up, the perfection of consumerism and mass marketing, almost the entirity of global pop culture (which basically all originates in the US), the white picket fenced suburban home, the creation of the internet for god's sakes, the first Enlightenment-based revolution, firebombing the Nazis, muscle cars, blue jeans, the list goes on and on. The Irish? Ain't done sh-t.

6. at least it's not wrapped around crime like the blacks or servants like women

Well, say what you will about Black culture, but at least they gave us Chris Rock and Biggie Smalls. And what sorta argument is this anyway? At least the Irish are better than the Blacks? Not compelling. Your women comment also is irrelvant, we're talking about ethnic groups here, not gender.

Guest Letsgo_7_7
I was just making a comment that chances are most of the individuals that post here probably are white and have rather pale skin in accordance with the Star Wars/internet geek stereotype, and it was amusing that you targeted that particular characteristic.

Alright fair enough, my bad.

Although, I should mention that I never said I have a problem with pale White people. I have a problem with "ugly pasty white people, especially gingers" who are proud about their distant Irish heritage.

Guest El Chalupacabra

NYQUIL HAS MORE THAN TWICE THE ALCHOL OF A ****ing PABST AND IT KEEPS YOU HEALTHY

I knew you were a robo tripper.

goddommit you make quote responses IMPOSSIBRU!

1. ?

"pride" is relative. kiss me, i'm irish.

2. Possibly, but it's hard for me to objectively evaluate that since I hear them all the time and probably even have one. In fact I know I have one. We'd need someone from the midwest or plains states, like Nebraska or something, to tell us which one is worse. Finally, I would offer that your neck of the woods has the worst accent of them all.

people in charleston don't have that accent you're talking about. the accent you're talking about is redneck. and redneck's REGION is NOT the south, but the STICKS. and there are sticks in every state, dammit. why you no understand that?

3. Untrue. As I mentioned, every f-cking Saturday on NBC in the fall, they have the stupid Notre Dame game on. And millions of people, without fail, tune in to watch, and it's all about ridiculous Irish and/or Catholic pride, and it's retarded.

i would think someone as rich as you would have a larger selection of channels. SEC WOO!!

4. Oh come on, even if you don't like top 40 generally, you have to admit that some of the songs are catchy and every now and then a pop star is actually talented. Irish-themed punk rock, however, has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

blasphemy. everything on top 40 is written by middle-aged white men, and "performed" by computer enhanced voices and groups that don't play instruments. dropkick murphy concert? ****ing awesome.

5. Absolutely. Come on- apple pie, football, building lots of aircraft carriers and blowing sh-t up, the perfection of consumerism and mass marketing, almost the entirity of global pop culture (which basically all originates in the US), the white picket fenced suburban home, the creation of the internet for god's sakes, the first Enlightenment-based revolution, firebombing the Nazis, muscle cars, blue jeans, the list goes on and on. The Irish? Ain't done sh-t.

our only culture is cartoons. the rest of what you mention are inventions or not originally american/done by immigrants. you know, this country's national anthem was written by an irishman.

6. Well, say what you will about Black culture, but at least they gave us Chris Rock and Biggie Smalls. And what sorta argument is this anyway? At least the Irish are better than the Blacks? Not compelling. Your women comment also is irrelvant, we're talking about ethnic groups here, not gender.

chris rock and biggie smalls is the best example you can come up with? more like richard pryor and earth wind and fire.

Alright fair enough, my bad.

"My bad"?

You caustically attacked me due to your misinterpretation of my post

You told me I should hang myself for the sake of humanity

You suggested that I was a loser and that my buttocks was pathetic

You insinuated that I have difficulty with puzzles

No, you owe me more than a "my bad"

You owe me something more, perhaps a fresh baked pie, or monetary compensation

After all, internet bullying is a crime

sus CHRIST.

AMANDA, it's only Thursday, you have an 8 ball already? IF you did coke....

Seriously, from where did this **** come? Did you find an old Horslips album in your collection?

I will now go through your tirade point by point. Don't mock me for this-I never said nobody cares. Here and now anyway.

1. A lot of ugly pasty white people, especially gingers, are like 1/32 Irish or something like that, and an unfortunately high number of these people have a really odd and befuddling pride in their Irish-ness.

I don't like being pasty white myself, so I get the aversion, but I don't know what you're pissed about here-the pasty white skin? the red hair? The combination? or that they have pride? FOCUS for me.

You can't get on people about their skin and hairs colors, man, they didn't choose that ****, they don't have a choice. But the pride thing, yeah. I've never understood somebody being proud of something they had no hand in or control over. So say PRIDE and I got your back.

2. Your accents are stupid; you sound retarded.

All accents are stupid. Do you have a New York/New Jersey/East Coast accent?

3. The nation-wide fascination and dick-sucking of Notre Dame by your kind deserves to be pointed at, laughed at, and mocked harshly.

That's a pretty broad brush...not all Irish people or people of Irish descent care about ND or even sports. PLUS, being a fan of a team (to me) means STICKING with that team through good and bad seasons. You can't get on someone for liking a team that blows unless it's ALWAYS blown and that's not the case with Notre Dame.

4. Irish-themed punk rock bands, you know the type, are an abomination.

What? No, I don't know the type-who the **** are you referring to? I don't know of ANY "Irish-themed" bands, let alone "irish-themed punk rock" bands.

5. You guys are mostly poor and lacking in any taste or culture whatsoever- really, like one rung above the rednecks.

Yeah, okay, you nailed this one. AGREE.

6. Almost the entirity of your ethnic identity is wrapped around the image of a bumbling, drunken, fool.

SO? But yeah, agree again. I just don't see this as a bad thing.

7. You are all Catholic... I mean, LOL. Enough said.

WRONG. Not even all of IRELAND is all Catholic. BUT, yeah, LOL @ Roman Catholicism in general.

Guest bodega

After living and being active in the Boston music scene for a while I can offer there is nothing more pathetic than an Irish punk band, especially "down by the docks" "proud ya be in the yooynyin ked" type ****. Oh its the worst. And they all "yoosta jam with drop-kick befoah they gaot famous." like anyone gives a ****.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.