Yo, The Killing haters

ShadowDog

Guest El Chalupacabra

No I unfortunately didn't bail at the right time: I should have stopped after the pilot. What a worthless show that should have been cancelled.

The thread title really speaks to me!

Read the ratings are so bad it's very very doubtful it gets another season.

Wow. It's nice to know I wasn't alone in being curmudgeonly about it. Let this serve as a lesson to all other future TV shows: Twin Peaks notwithstanding, a multiple-season whodunit is an unwise idea, especially if your audience is unaware of the time commitment up front.

Perhaps the producers would've known better if, say, Veronica Mars had lasted a full seven seasons and had had the chance to teach them better.

Did we bail at the right time or what? LOL ****ing tards.

my ex an i bailed after 20 minutes, man. so awful. edit: and i typed awful before i read it dex's post. (i usually reply to the first post before reading everything. but AWFUL, yeah man. awful.

Did you find Season 1 as a whole awful or just the finale?

I'd say the pilot was excellent and up until episode 5 or 6 the show was good... then it went off the rails and they dragged their feet. I loathed the show by the time the finale ended. I gave Season 2 a chance and recorded the season episode by episode and if it went off the rails again, I'd stop all together, but it never really got to the point with the exception of the episode where Linden went into the hospital. And the kid disappearing and spending an episode there was an annoyance but overall, this season makes up for the ****ting the bed the writing team did last year.

That's just me.

• 1 month later...

And, like with Stargate Universe, the show runners will NEVER admit they ****ed up or that their horrific choices led directly to the cancellation. No, they'll blame network advertising or the weather or changing viewing platforms and their effect on ratings, etc.

• 1 year later...

The third season was a huge improvement over the first two. Its a shame that they had already lost most of their audience (understnadably so) for it. Even though I wouldn't have minded seeing another seaosn, if it had been as good as this one was, I'm also certainly fine with it actually going out on a mostly high note.

• 1 year later...

So........I originally bailed on this about five episodes in because finding a stream of the episodes took waaaaaaay too long and I had so many other things to watch at that time.

Fast forward 3-4 years: I come home from work to find my girlfriend has just watched the first five episodes during a sick day. We start to watch, binge through it without the breaks and the long waits and guess what? It was much, much better!

I knew we weren't getting a reveal at the end of the first season and that helped but the slow methodical pace works a lot better when it's not spread out over three months. You don't mind a bit more exposition because the next episode it 40 minutes away. A poor episode doesn't matter as the thread isn't left dangling for a week or two.

I think it ended quite well (S2 anyway). The characters were fleshed out and more of a motive/plot emerged slowly but it all pretty much made sense.

Yay The Killing!

I enjoyed the killing. I even watched the last season that was on Netflix. Good performances and for once a show that was halfway decent in how police work happens for real and that it takes time and not one episode. Some of the personal side stories got a bit much but when the show focused on the investigation it was good.

When I saw the thread title, I thought this was a new thread and the first thought that popped into my head before I clicked on it is the exact same first sentence I posted in it three years ago.

Apparently my hate for it is eternal and unchanging.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.