Opinion of the 80s New Wave Band: The Cars

Guest Letsgo_7_7

14 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion?

• Hero Band
    • Villain Band

Guest Letsgo_7_7

The Cars have got to be one of the most underrated bands of the 80s, if not of all time. Sure, "Just What I Needed" is played ad nauseum on FM Classic Rock radio; but it wasn't even their best song.

Example:

"You Might Think"

"Shake it Up"

"You're All I've Got Tonight"

Plus, who could forget, one the best songs of the 80s- "Drive"

Vote in the poll.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

hahaha <3

Well, let me be clear here. There is nothing intended to be tongue-in-cheek, or hipster faux-like about this thread. I'm dead serious- The Cars are damn f-cking good.

I voted "Hero Band."

Guest El Chalupacabra

I am not a big Fan of The Cars, but you can't have an '80s compilation without them.

I voted Villain Band, though, just to be a dick.

Guest Letsgo_7_7
That first album was a phenom-hit after hit after hit, crystal clear production, perfect cover.

YES.

YES YES YES.

That album belongs up there with such classics like Wish You Were Here, Led Zeppelin IV, or Thriller.

It's one of those "everything is good about it" albums.

I am not a big Fan of The Cars, but you can't have an '80s compilation without them.

Ehh... I guess I can live with this. It seems like you at least respect them, even if New Wave isn't your cup of tea.

• 2 years later...

The Cars were easily one of the best bands of not only the 80s, but the entire rock era.

They still sound so good. A lot of music from the 80s sounds dated, but I think music still hasn't caught up with Ric and the boys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.