ARE WE DRINKING YET?

monkeygirl

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Christ im a durnk as nsh-t. After work drinks on an empty stomcahc was a really bad idea

Whos' wtih me

I'm not entirely sure of the popularity or origin of this practice, but the first time I encountered this behavior was at a hippie music festival in upstate New York in the summer of 2005.

In a campsite next to where I was settled there was a group of college kids who due to a campsite ban on glass bottles had brought about 3 or 4 boxes of wine, (in addition to a carful of canned beer). They were drinking early and fast and by midday were remarkably drunk. It was about that time that one of the kids pulled out a box wine. After being ridiculed by his boys for bringing boxed wine to festival, he broke open the box and pulled out the bag and started drinking from it like an utter. The enthusiastic drunks were into it and started passing it around like some kind of bladder canteen.

The gang was throwing it around and making jokes about its resemblence to internal organs as well as various other jiggling blood filled sacks. One dude held the bag up over his head and smacked it like a doctor would a newborn baby to make it cry, and yelled out "SMACK THE BABY". He soon determined that anyone who wanted to drink from the bag he was holding had to whack the bag open handed following his demand of "SMACK THE BABY". The ritual continued throughout the day with the dude and his crew walking around the lot offering free wine to the long haired, dreadlocked, shoeless patrons if they "smacked the baby". The spectacle they made was actually quite amusing. The following summer at the same festival the "smack the baby" travelling circus has spawned numerous satelite groups and kids were smacking wine bags all over the campsite. I have no clue if this was the genesis of this moronic custom but I wouldn't be surprised.

It's apparently something some college kids still do for unexplainable kicks

We call it Slap the Bag. And, uh, I have no excuses. It's just something we do.

That and Tour de Franzia.

I am concerned I am just a step away from being the crazy cat lady. I have two indoor cats (one who refuses to come out from under my work desk in the living room. I have to put her litter box at one corner and food by the computer or she would starve and I would step in pee) and 7 outdoor cats.

I'm currently looking up standard poodles in my area because now that I have a home I'd love to have a dog.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.