ARE WE DRINKING YET?

monkeygirl

Guest El Chalupacabra

Red or white? What are you doing with it (like, pairing with food or drinking alone)

For red-any Australian Shiraz

Destiny Skywalker knows a lot about wine

I went with Vella white zinfandel. Leveled the box. Barely got a buzz. It was like drinking a 12 pack of bud light.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Close. I had my black smoker's pocket t shirt on, with cammo shorts. And sandals.

:angry:

Don't judge me.

Did you slap it?

ok, that's apparently a thing then? Some of my friends were playing slap the bag once and I had never heard of it and thought it was just some stupid thing that they made up.

What's the deal with that? Is there are an actual method or point? I feel like Tami. am I missing soemtihng?>!

I'm not entirely sure of the popularity or origin of this practice, but the first time I encountered this behavior was at a hippie music festival in upstate New York in the summer of 2005.

In a campsite next to where I was settled there was a group of college kids who due to a campsite ban on glass bottles had brought about 3 or 4 boxes of wine, (in addition to a carful of canned beer). They were drinking early and fast and by midday were remarkably drunk. It was about that time that one of the kids pulled out a box wine. After being ridiculed by his boys for bringing boxed wine to festival, he broke open the box and pulled out the bag and started drinking from it like an utter. The enthusiastic drunks were into it and started passing it around like some kind of bladder canteen.

The gang was throwing it around and making jokes about its resemblence to internal organs as well as various other jiggling blood filled sacks. One dude held the bag up over his head and smacked it like a doctor would a newborn baby to make it cry, and yelled out "SMACK THE BABY". He soon determined that anyone who wanted to drink from the bag he was holding had to whack the bag open handed following his demand of "SMACK THE BABY". The ritual continued throughout the day with the dude and his crew walking around the lot offering free wine to the long haired, dreadlocked, shoeless patrons if they "smacked the baby". The spectacle they made was actually quite amusing. The following summer at the same festival the "smack the baby" travelling circus has spawned numerous satelite groups and kids were smacking wine bags all over the campsite. I have no clue if this was the genesis of this moronic custom but I wouldn't be surprised.

It's apparently something some college kids still do for unexplainable kicks

Guest bodega

I wish people still iced bros. I've been carrying around this Smirnoff in my back pocket JIC for years.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Nice same here. Markets closed tomorrow, thus, I am getting my drink ON.

You're going to the fair? LOL. Where the f-ck do you live?

Please, tell me,

what is at this

"fair?"

We're going for fair food. Bratwurst, burgers, grilled corn, beer outside, etc. And Katie likes farm animals, so those too.

I've lived in San Diego 7 years and this fair is a big deal here, but I've never gone. I'd be fine with not going but Katie really wants, to, so. I prefer local street fairs with bars along the way instead of "beer gardens."

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Goats?

Well ok, let's say, for sake of argument here, that I can accept a fascination with how they look.

Doesn't change the fact that they smell like freaking sh-t.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Also what IPA you going with?

No beer for me today. Just old fashioneds.

I also only had a bagel to eat today, so 3 in and I'm kinda drunk already... oh well.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Wasn't gonna judge!

I mean, sh-t, my whiskey in this old fashioned is Beam Rye, so I'm not exactly classing it up today.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Hey.. btw, I was wondered, I think I asked you this before, but I forgot.

Do you smoke (cigarettes)? What is your opinion of smokers?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.