Jason Solo and the Promising Paycheck

i'm glad to see another board story. i've only read the first two chapters so far and i will finish. you got me all wrong, TR. i don't live in the cantina and i almost never start threads there. and i'm not a drunk, i'm a stoner. i do say foxy, though, and make people do strange things for me before i do something for them, lol. with that said, i do like what i've read so far. it's funny :thumbsup:

So I was half right with you then. an unexpected bonus! And here I was aiming for 100% wrong. Glad you're liking it so far though and I hope you read it all the way through. Of all the stories I've done, I think this one ties itself up nicely at the end, with things I set up earlier on. Or at least maybe. Sorta. Something.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Hey... I finally got caught up and read the rest. Great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would agree that this was one of your better efforts. I hope people get a chance to read it.

Also, please tell me this was intentional:

After complaining for several minutes about how strange her name was, and why it couldn't be something like Alice or Rebecca or some normal name like that, I went home for the evening.

Hey... I finally got caught up and read the rest. Great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would agree that this was one of your better efforts. I hope people get a chance to read it.

Also, please tell me this was intentional:

After complaining for several minutes about how strange her name was, and why it couldn't be something like Alice or Rebecca or some normal name like that, I went home for the evening.

Completely intentional. I remember things.

And skiff, when you take your things to the Expensive Crap Fair (or ECF as they like to call it over in Dayton), you run the risk of running into some Expensive Crap Breakage (or ECB as they like to call it over in Dayton.) Thats why they usually make you sign an Expensive Crap Waiver (or ECW as they like to call it over in Dayton). That clearly states that any and all breakage is the responsibility of the Expensive Crap Ower (or ECO as they like to call it over in Dayton). I'm sorry, there is nothing that can be done. :(

Guest Letsgo_7_7

zomg. did you just tell us your name?

My real name has been known by several on this board for years now. Pretty much everyone uses my fake name though... it used to annoy me, but now I'm just like :shrug:

That was most entertaining! :thumbsup: I can't help but notice that I wasn't in it, though. But perhaps I was off-screen, painting the town all those crazy colors when nobody was looking.

Yes, maybe so! Or stealing road signs or possibly reapainting the lines on the street from no passing to passing and letting mayhem ensue.

That was some high quality comedy. Good stuff! Thanks for making me just captured and not killed!

Thanks! The trolls aren't killers, the fun is all in the hunt. They grow weary once people are all locked up. I imagine the two guys in charge of watching the prisoners were actually in trouble for something, so they didn't get to go out into the city.

• 6 months later...

Brando gave me permission to shamelessly up a few of my older threads. Shamelessly is right in my wheelhouse!

But I was thinking of upping this anyways to ask the question: Should I write another one of these thrilling detective short stories starring out favorite bumbling Moderator? Let me know if this is a good idea or the worst idea ever.

• 2 years later...

I'll one up you, it's either the worst great idea or the best bad idea ever. In other words, you totally should.

Clearly, I took this advice to heart and ignored it utterly. :thumbsup:

Dug this out to reread and fixed a couple of typos, figured almost 3 years was enough time between bumps.

Also, where in the holy hell is Jason, anyways??? Have we lost him to the crypt? :(

• 2 years later...

It took me 2 and half years worth of CONSTANT sleuthing, but I have found you an answer. My steam friends list says Jason has played 1,915 hours of Skyrim. And another 610 of Fallout 4. So it's safe to say he has become the games now.

RIP Jason,

Also this thread was upped by a ghost on Halloween. Blame the ghost.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.