New - Anyone else into collecting soccer balls?

Reg

This seems to be the first time that PowerOrange balls are sold in retail...

It does. And that is exacty why I'm gonna be waiting until the price drops significantly. I will certainly not buy it for >$100 or >€80.

Yes indeed...I will definitely wait out till the price gets cheaper.

adidas Finale 12 Powerorange OMB 2012/2013

Nice ball indeed! This seems to be the first time that PowerOrange balls are sold in retail...

I bought my 2011/2012 PowerOrange last November at a big Adidas store in Hong Kong when I was there on vacation. They were being sold in most sport stores and even department stores for around US$100. However they were only being sold in a plastic bag with a hologram sticker.

Hi, I do it like this .. 1,) On the valve, a little oil on it .... 2.) and never let the balls without air!!

If you have a ball after 2-3 days where the air loses .. there is a special oil, from Germany with the name " BALLDICHT" a drop in the valve and the valve will close...

Thanks Ital-Port (and sorry for being late)...

What kind of oil do you use for the valves?

Thanks for the tip on the special "balldicht" oil. I'll look out for it...

Has anyone seen this ball before?

?

Apologies I meant to insert a picture which was too big earlier...it seems a smaller version also did not show up. How can I insert pictures from my laptop?

There might be an easier way (which I don't know), but you could upload the picture(s) to an image hoster and then use the URL to display the picture(s).

It seems that adidas makes now a "row" with their Fifa approved numbers for the matchballs:

Adidas Finale 11/Munich - 202.A1A

Adidas Torfabrik Bundesliga 2011/2012 - 202.A1B

? - 202.A1C

Adidas Tango 12 - 202.A1D

Adidas Torfabrik Bundesliga 2012/2013 - 202.A1E

Adidas Finale 12 - 202.A1F

Does anyone knows a adidas ball with the Fifa approved number 202.A1C ?

My Tango 12 PowerOrange is 202.A1E, so is my Tango 12 Azerbaijan 2012 U17 WWC.

I just got my Euro 2012 Tango 12 and it is 202.A1D but it seems like the same technology as the generic Tango 12 which is 202.A1E. This is indeed unusual!

I think I solved the riddle for the 202.A1B vs the 202.A1D/202.A1E as the pattern on the surface texture is different. 202.A1B has the same surface texture as the 202.A1A Finale ball. However still cannot tell the difference between a 202.A1D vs a 202.A1E.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Old timer35

Man, I thought I was the only one. I may be a little diffrent from most of you as I collect old, well used molded soccer balls. I have a couple I'm willing to part with for trade or sell, that are not molded.

• 3 months later...
Guest shramm

Hi there,

I have a official soccer ball roteiro 2004, used in the game spain vs greece. The ball is in the perfections condition, only with some marks from the game! If anyone is interested can talk with me.

Best regards

• 8 months later...

Wow this place is deserted now! Sad. This thread used to be a hot topic for discussion. Reg, everybody else. Where are you guys? :confused: I am fault as well. I have been busy and I am haven't been here for a while. Anyway, time to update things.

Well as everybody already knows the Brazuca is the official match ball for World Cup Brazil 2014.

I got mine already as well as the new MLS Prime which is essential the smae ball.

I haven't heard much criticism on it like with the Jabulani but I am sure it's coming. It's still early. I wonder if Adidas made any significant modifications on the technology following the issues with the Jabulani. Have you guys heard anything?

• 3 months later...

Wow this place is deserted now! Sad. This thread used to be a hot topic for discussion. Reg, everybody else. Where are you guys? :confused: I am fault as well. I have been busy and I am haven't been here for a while. Anyway, time to update things.

Well as everybody already knows the Brazuca is the official match ball for World Cup Brazil 2014.

I got mine already as well as the new MLS Prime which is essential the smae ball.

I haven't heard much criticism on it like with the Jabulani but I am sure it's coming. It's still early. I wonder if Adidas made any significant modifications on the technology following the issues with the Jabulani. Have you guys heard anything?

Hi Mario,

I am still here but somehow when people start using this to sell ball. This feels for me is ebay. Message me and we can email each other.

• 7 months later...

Anybody have a Gold Nike Tracer ball?

Do you mean the 10th anniversary limited edition? I have one.

Hi rhs63 (and everyone else)

I collect Mitre Ultimax balls (1998 to 2001). I saw in one of the old threads you own a Mitre Fluo Flare Ultimax PL. Would you be willing to sell?

Everyone else, got any Mitre Ultimax balls?

• 3 months later...
Guest musaspot

hi all!

new guy here.

just recently started collecting soccer balls.

managed to get meself on the 1st edition of Geo Merlin! haha

by the way, anybody wants to sell or knows where to get Adidas Brazuca for a good price?

thanks!

• 7 months later...
Guest S.R.A.

Hi, I am new user. But have been collecting shoes, jerseys, balls for several years now. I am mostly interested to find out if there are potential trading and buying opportunities between users here. Looking for couple of certain soccer balls to add to my collection, open to different offers if someone an extra of something in their collection or wants to trade etc. Thanks

Guest S.R.A.

Hello my name is mark, I have a couple of soccer balls for sale that might be of interest to you, which is the mitre ultimax mls official soccer ball. Give me a call (213)572-7280 I shut down my soccer shop I had. For 35 yrs thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.