Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2011 Nightly Basketball Federation Draft

NBF Draft

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
Okay. I just don't have much free time. However I'm home for the next 36 hours so if we can get going that would be great. I was thinking I could just start dropping players so the ones in my pool are there for others to chose. It says online that the commissioner or whatever league manager can do it too.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
No problem, it's a funky schedule because of the lockout and all. Once we get going we just gotta keep it up!

To everyone: Please feel free to send player lists to anyone else in the league so we can keep the draft going.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
Thanks Lucas.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Aaaahahaha...we're on the second page, the day's gone and we haven't even started yet...why, Pharaoh, why?!? :cry:

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Pharaoh hasn't even been on the clock 5 hours.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Well, that's only because we had to wait on Spam to confirm her keepers. It's not like he knew that or like that was the plan.

It's also not like I was serious (or at least completely serious). Still, I don't think we've ever had to skip the first pick before, which would be strange. At this point, though, I'm starting to think that will happen.

Pharoah JZA

Pharoah JZA

The Bomb

• 18,036 posts
With the first pick in the NBF Draft the Motown Macks select:

Posted Image

Kevin Garnett

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
You proved me wrong - hooray! Welcome back, Pharaoh. We're still in Spam's window, right? Woohoo, let's go!

(Btw, Pharaoh - Garnett doesn't look very happy for a #1 overall pick. I sense a contract dispute already!) ;)

Pharoah JZA

Pharoah JZA

The Bomb

• 18,036 posts
It better mean he's hungry for a championship. Or else he gets pimp smacked to the bench!

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
I imagine that's the universal look for "I just got traded to the Pistons...."

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Interesting. It appeared that the Macks had just drafted their third power forward. Instead, it seems they also just got their backup center. The Sporting News website had this to say less than an hour ago...

Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he’ll play Kevin Garnett at center this season, as the team faces a dearth at the position heading into the season....“We'll move Kevin,” Rivers said, per The Associated Press. “He will play the 5 this year. I honestly don't think that it'll be a problem. When he was younger, it would have been a problem. He's older, bigger, stronger and can play both positions and can spread the floor from that position. He can play the whole game at center, and it wouldn't bother me at all.”

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Garnett has had dual eligibility for at least the past 2 seasons. It's a wonderful trait to have.

I mean.

Only an idiot would draft one guy to play two positions.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Well, ESPN only has him as a PF currently, so it's still going to be awhile before they give him both positions.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Huh. I wonder why it got changed, cause he definitely has been a dual position player.

Spam dearest- check your PMs! I know when you browse on your phone they don't always show up.

Lots of good NBF discussion going on in the draft thread this year lol. I blame the lockout. Or, basketball reasons.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
Posted Image
The Yosemite Sams pick... Tebow...

Not really. We wants Brandon Jennings.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts

Spam dearest- check your PMs! I know when you browse on your phone they don't always show up.

Or not, nevermind.

Irish takes Carmelo Anthony.

Lohr is up.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
It should move faster. I am home all the rest of Sunday watching football and baking and tomorrow is a test so I can sit at my desk for a bit too.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
It was a revised trade offer. Not a reminder that you were up- that's why I put it in my post. Because in a world that makes sense, you would read the PM before you selected. There were actually two of them. Too late now of course, even if you were interested.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
I decided I want to take my chances once I saw my draft order.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
With the 4th pick in the 2011 NBF Draft, the Nightmares select...

Eric Gordon, SG, LAC

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Aussie Kangaroos select Lamarcus Aldridge PF/C, Portland Trailblazers.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
With the 6th pick, the Nightmares select...

Andrea Bargnani, PF/C, Tor

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
Trade Announcement:
Rock's Heels and Team Carr have agreed in principle to a trade which sends Danny Granger and Team Carr's 2nd and 4th round picks to Jacksonville for Zach Randolph and the Heels 1st round pick. Story to be updated later.

Team Carr is on the clock (and hurrying!).

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts
With the 7th pick in the 2011 NBF draft, Team Carr selects Andre Iguodala, SG/SF from the Philadelphia 76ers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,480 posts
How long ago was a Sixers team something?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NBF, Draft