Films that SHOULD have sequels

The Human Torch

Copycat thread! Pretty sure we've done this before, but I searched and Google didn't pull it up. Now my personal qualifier for this is I don't want any Predator 2 style sequels that out right replace our original hero. I'm talking about sequels to the films as is... Tron: Legacy style if needed (reintroduction, original characters important to plot but not the future focus). Wrath of Khan style (letting the characters age) if needed.

The Rundown

The Fifth Element

The Golden Child

Labyrinth

And my number one sequel want is: Big Trouble In Little China

The title is easy too... Bigger Trouble In Little China. Or more. More Trouble In Little China would work too.

BTiLC would be tough to do, but I think it could be really cool. I know Victor "Egg Shen" Wong has passed, but James "Lo Pan" Hong is still acting. The rest of the cast, though old, look decent enough too. 'Specially if the script is written to allow them to be older... like Khan. Dennis "Wang Chi" Dun is still acting too, mostly guest spots. I'd give Wang Chi the role Egg Shen occupied in the original... the mystic.

For Labyrinth my idea would be to have Sara grown and with kids, the Goblin King kidnaps her kid and then Sara and her now adult brother Toby go into the magical realm to rescue the kid. I still want muppets and stuff, Henson works all over, but I'd expand the realm more... travel to additional places. A magical, muppet land of the lost like feel.

Wally! A sequel to the Incredibles would rock! So want.

I love the suggestions of:

Galaxy Quest

The Rocketeer

And even The Golden Compass. I didn't think Craig and Kidman's film was so horrible. Granted I'm not into the books, but I'd watch a sequel to that film.

BTW, speaking of fantasy films that bombed but I liked... anyone else see Stardust? I thought that was swell. I'd watch another story set in that universe.

Some great suggestions! Count me in for a BTiLC sequel. And even though Escape From LA wasn't that great, I'd also be down for more adventures with Snake Plisskin.

Also onboard with a few other suggestions, namely Unbreakable, Galaxy Quest, Stardust, and The Rocketeer.

Add to the list: Willow.

The Golden Child

Oh, God!!! WHY??? That has to be the worst of Murphy's films....and that's saying something...

And my number one sequel want is: Big Trouble In Little China

The title is easy too... Bigger Trouble In Little China. Or more. More Trouble In Little China would work too.

When it would be set, and would Russel's character be involved at all? I ask because that monster was hitching a ride on his truck at the film's conclusion--pretty much suggesting he (Russel's character) was close to being killed...

The Golden Child was rad. Up yours. With all due respect. :)

Seriously though, I liked TGC.

As for my idea for Bigger Trouble, it'd be set now with everyone being 20 odd years older. And I don't think there is a need to address the beasty on Jack's truck with a scene. Jack could brag about offing it when the characters meet up again, simple and clean.

Whoa there...

Not true. It was from 1986, height of both his career and the days of Hollywood loving high-concept genre films. It also wasn't a flop. It raked in $125 mil after only a $25 mil budget. It was kind of like a blacksploitation version of Big Trouble in Little China (with both Egg Shan and Lopan in the movie as well).

Golden Child was awesome.

i said ah ah ahh ahhhh ahhah wannnt the knife!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPLmYcQaVVE

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.