Films that SHOULD have sequels

The Human Torch

BTW, speaking of fantasy films that bombed but I liked... anyone else see Stardust? I thought that was swell. I'd watch another story set in that universe.

In the universe, yes. Direct sequel? I was kind of angry they gave the movie a happy ending. The book's ending was bittersweet.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Off the top of my head, here are movies I would like to see sequels to:

1. Sin City

2. Serenity

3. Master and Commander

4. Big Trouble in Little China

5. Pulp Fiction

6. The Big Lewbowski (or at least a spiritual sequel with the same actors)

7. Army of Darkness

8. X-Men franchise non-prequel

9. 28days\weeks later

10. Predators

• 2 years later...

Three Men and a Grand Baby

Mary is now all grown up and about to be a 1st time mom, the "bad guys" from the first movie could just have gotten out of jail too or something to add to the high jinx. I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't done this. Just thought of it as the kids and I Netflix'd the original.

• 4 weeks later...

That's one a ton of people have pitched, but no one has bitten on.

I don't understand why. It'd benefit from better effects but the heart of the story is timeless. It seems like the perfect movie for a remake.

Imagine it. Centauri sending out the new Starfighter game with the latest console release...only this time Centauri is played by Julie Andrews.

First they get the right to vote, NOW they want to be represented fairly in media? When will it end.

The matter deserves more respect than this. If "strong female lead" just ends up being a fad, a gimmick, or a replacement of one stale version of stock character for another, the whole notion will come to be seen in a bad light by serious movie goers. If not today, than down the road a decade or two when gender politics is no longer flavor of the month.

Fair representation in media deserves good writing, fresh ideas and well rounded, thought out characters. Not "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them; GIRL POWER! GIRL POWER!" This won't lead to good film, but to a sort of feminized variant of what "blaxploitation" was for its target audience. Remembered at best for being humorously kitschy.

[edit] I'd also hope you're not naive enough to believe most so called feminist concerns these days are actually about equality?

That's one a ton of people have pitched, but no one has bitten on.

I don't understand why. It'd benefit from better effects but the heart of the story is timeless. It seems like the perfect movie for a remake.

Imagine it. Centauri sending out the new Starfighter game with the latest console release...only this time Centauri is played by Julie Andrews.

What would be cool is an Ender's Game sort of twist to it-- where kids on Earth think they are playing a networked MMO game flying Starfighters not realizing that they are actually remote piloting drones in a real war. After the network connection destroyed, Centauri has to go find them to come and do it live.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.