The last film you saw -- and what would you grade it

Rock

The Thing (2011) D

just as bad and pointless as i reasoned out it would be. the cgi alien still not as good as carpenter's live action puppets. too many plot points and events were EXACTLY the same as the original, and this was suppoesed to be a prequel? felt like a remake but just make the original guys norwegian...know what i mean? also, stupid children's action movie ending. then a meh "stinger" ending. then the good ending during the credits.

so they eventually linked the helicopter dog chase to the original. had i turned off the movie like i wanted to earlier, i wouldn't have seen it. the only thing nice about the new alien was when they burned it near the end and it actually looked like the alien they find in the original. however, the new alien version did not consistently "transform" in a timely manner and it ruined continuity, relatively speaking. you know, for aliens this advanced, they sure do go into midless killing frenzy mode super quickly.

21 Jump St. A

(a+ as far as gut-busting comedies go) i was very surprised at how funny this movie was. there were so many good senses of humor and jokes used. i had been having some jonah hill hate, lately, but this was great. it squashed all my doubts. that cameo was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Your Highness - A

I love it when movie titles instruct you on exactly what you need to do to get a better experience out of the film. Everyone I know hated this movie, but I don't think they read the instructions. ;) Chris and I both loved it. It was silly, campy, and retarded, but it also had gore, nudity, explosions and other fun effects. What's not to like? LOLed all the way through - good times! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hobo With a Shotgun A

I was going to give it a B+ because the first half had a few slow parts but then the relationship story action really picked up. and then the ending was ****ing awesome holy ****! solid A.

The Avengers - A

Pretty much everything I wanted in an Avengers movie. Just awesome all around.

Dark Shadows - B

The trailers for this film are very misleading. This is not a comedy. There are comedic bits to it which I enjoyed, but what it was actually was a lot of fun with some unexpected but welcomed darkness to it. The middle is where it loses it's way and gets really messy storywise, but there are glimpses of Classic Burton here. Also, nice to see a vampire be a vampire and not all sparkly douchey.

Battleship

B+

Yeah I am giving it a bit higher score then it deserved but I liked it. I am in the navy after all and I know what Rim Pack is! I also liked how they used an actual Iraq war vet to play the colonel injured in action. The Obama bit was cool as well. Gave it a sense of realism

• 3 weeks later...

Let The Right One In

B+

Broody, strange, Hitchcockian vampire movie (but not really about vampires), adolescent love movie (but not very typical) film about a serial killer (or IS he?), androgyny, bullying and divorce.

in Sweden, subtitled.

LOVED THIS.

http://www.imdb.com/...externalreviews

Check out the reviews here.

http://nightly.net/topic/71881-let-the-right-one-in-vs-let-me-in/

• 2 weeks later...

The Thing (2011) D

just as bad and pointless as i reasoned out it would be. the cgi alien still not as good as carpenter's live action puppets. too many plot points and events were EXACTLY the same as the original, and this was suppoesed to be a prequel? felt like a remake but just make the original guys norwegian...know what i mean?

Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

21 Jump Street B+

Never saw the t.v. show, and have never heard my wife laugh so hard.

That's probally good, because it's nothing like the show. Not even a little. Have'nt seen it though, heard it's funny.

Midnight in Paris

I throughly enjoyed this film. Romcom, quirky indy, sci-fi, typical Woody Allen whatever it is... I liked it. I loved that Rachel McAdams took this small bitchy part and really made me dislike the character. I always like Owen Wilson's to type fumbling lost puppy routine, I dunno why, just do. Also the dude's hair is always rad. OMG with the hair thing you say! I know, I have like a condition or something. I like the Mentalist a bunch because of his radical hair too. Anyway, I digress...

Wilson, cool. McAdams, bitchy and thus cool. Sheen, perfectly pompous. Loki, great. Hemingway, awesome. Kathy Bates, adored!

Sweet, simple. B+

Prometheus - A

(I find myself pondering this movie occasionally, and it's been weeks since we saw it. Mark of a good story, IMO.)

Abraham Lincoln... - B

(I knew what I was getting into, and it was a lot of fun.)

The Goon - A

(Surprisingly good. Better if you are a hockey fan. Very funny and even touching at times.)

The A-Team

(I LOVE dumb action movies, but I always kind of fogert that until I am watching one. Chris turned this movie on the other day and I started mildly griping about it and said the movie looked stupid - until I started watching the sweet helicopter chase scene and I was hooked. It was certainly stupid... stupidAWESOME!)

Blade Runner - A++

(For reasons I still don't understand, I had never seen this movie until last night. One word: wow.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.