The last film you saw -- and what would you grade it

Rock

Warrior - B+

I knew nothing about this film but had an afternoon to waste and saw a poster that said it was all the Rocky's rolled into one which was enough to convince me, have to say I thought it was awesome, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it. Its all very predictable but that didn't detract from the film, a really well told story and all the actors do a great job. Owen Lars is built!

One Hour Photo

I don't know what grade to give....

I had a bout of insomnia the other night and I caught this movie. Holy crap... this was the creepiest movie I've ever seen. Robin Williams was just... creepy. When he tracked the kid down at his softball practice and walked him home through the woods... I had shivers.

Something Borrowed

F

An entire film full of ***holes. Even the most likeable character, John Krasinski's Ethan, is still a date/ditch asswipe. And then the end happens! OMG! WHAT?! YOU ARE ALL ***holes!

2nd Dumbest Romcom ever*. No wonder it was panned. *Dumbest Romcom/Chickflick ever goes to Bride Wars... you're best friends! Flip for the date. love each other and move on. ***holes!

Get Him to the Greek

A-

Too high grade? Sure, but I had a great time with this movie. Russell Brand killed. The most unexpected part was the soundtrack. Downloaded it and it's really good music! The whole album is in my iPod rotation now. Brand could sing for a living... pretty cool.

Thought Diddy was great! Funny as hell. MIND F*CK.

The Adjustment Bureau

B

I liked it, there are flaws, but it dug it. It flowed. It had odd pacing, at times slow and at times very fast, but it kinda worked being so hectic like that. It's also based on the short story named "Adjustment Team" by Philip K. Dick. I haven't read that however so I don't know how well a translation it was.

Days of Heaven - B+

Beautiful cinematography, simplistic story.

The Thin Red Line - A+

One of the best war films ever made. Superbly cast with who's who actors, its less meladramatic than Saving Private Ryan, and is just a gorgeous film to watch. Cameo appearances by John Cusack, John Travolta, and George Clooney; it stars Jim Cavaziel, Sean Penn, Nic Nolte, and the guy who played Casey Jones from TMNT. The latter two have the best scenes together in the whole film.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tucker and Dale B-

It's unfortunate, because one bad scene keeps it from being a possible A-.

I don't want to say too much because explaining what happens gives away the heartiest LULZ. In fact, at one scene, I was laughing so hard I couldn't voluntarily stop. It's not exactly brand new, but if you like spoofs, this is worth viewing. It's sort of a cross between Zombieland and Swamp Loggers. Sock, from Reaper (Tyler Labine) is in it.

Warrior - B+

I knew nothing about this film but had an afternoon to waste and saw a poster that said it was all the Rocky's rolled into one which was enough to convince me, have to say I thought it was awesome, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it. Its all very predictable but that didn't detract from the film, a really well told story and all the actors do a great job. Owen Lars is built!

I'd give it a solid A, almost bordering on A+. Oustanding performances throughout.

If there's a Sam's Club/Costco disc twofer, this has to be paired with Redbelt and essential to any collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Warrior - B+

I'd give it a solid A, almost bordering on A+. Oustanding performances throughout.

If there's a Sam's Club/Costco disc twofer, this has to be paired with Redbelt and essential to any collection.

This is the best movie I've seen this year. I'd give it an A+. Agreed about the performances. Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte really should be nominated for some Oscars this year, but I have a feeling they'll be overlooked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.