Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FF Related

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Not a Nightly FF question, but here is my predicament. I'm in a money league on ESPN with a few co-workers. I had my draft planned to the tee with, in my opinion, good picks. Of course, draft plans never go as planned, and I feel like I got a pretty ****ty draft. I'm posting my roster, pleading that some of you FF gurus can help me out.

Quarterback:

Matthew Stafford
Josh Freeman

Runningback:

Matt Forte
Peyton Hillis
Ben Tate
Thomas Jones

Wide Receivers:

Mario Manningham
Mike Williams
Steve Johnson
Malcolm Floyd
Antonio Brown

Tight-Ends:
Vernon Davis
Dustin Keller

Like I said, not too great of a draft. But I feel like it may turn out a little better. Just not sure who to start as far as QBs go.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Whats out there in Free Agency?

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
And how many teams are there? What are the starting positions?

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Hines Ward
Mike Williams (Seattle)
Devin Hester
Eddie Royal
Jonathan Stewart
Nate Washington
Darren Sproles

EDIT: 10 team league (yeah, I messed up bad. Had 7th pick and could have gotten some really good assets but I went about it wrong)

QB
RB
RB
RB/WR
WR
WR
TE
DST
K

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts
ANy chance we can see the draft results, round by round for all teams?

TuskenRaider

TuskenRaider

decommissioned

• 32,568 posts
If Stafford can stay healthy, he can be a great pick for you. Big if though. Running backs aren't too bad. Hillis should be okay and Forte should be good. I'm not as familiar with the WRs, but I know Manningham is the Giants number 1 receiver now.

And Vernon Davis at TE is one of the best. Him and Gates are close, and every other TE is a few steps back.

Ward and Sproles wouldn't be bad to pick up off free agency. I don't know if your league gives any points for kick returns, if so, get Sproles for sure, if not, then he might not be the best choice.
  • Reality +1 this

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Rock, I don't want anyone to see how bad I picked this year hahaha.

TR, H2H scoring.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
It's not all bad news, really. Your top three WRs are all pretty good. I'm not completely sold on the Manningham hype this year, especially the way Eli's looked this preseason, but I think TB's Mike Williams has Top 10 potential. Likewise, so does his QB. Between Freeman & Stafford, you should probably have a good option every week. As stated earlier, you got one of the best (Top 5) TEs in Davis. Your RBs scare me a bit, though. You could be just fine with Hillis and Forte and it's possible that Ben Tate manages to find himself the Houston starter. However, it's at least as likely that Hillis' gets a reduced workload this year, Marion Barber (and the Bears erratic offense) cut into Forte's value, and Arian Foster's hammy is just fine (leaving Tate fending for table scraps).

You really need to do yourself a favor and pick up Jonathan Stewart. The question would be, who do you feel more confident about: Tate or Thomas Jones. It should be noted that, as things stand right now, Jamaal Charles is in line to get more carries this year and they've said that they're using Dexter Mccluster as a RB this year (both of which would mean less carries for Jones). As for Houston, they've said that if Foster can't play, Tate is still going to be a backup and Derrick Ward will start and they'll split carries.

Edited by Darth Lohr, 09 September 2011 - 08:37 PM.

• Reality +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts
I think you're going to struggle at WR every week, trying to use the best matchup possible, which can get nasty. I would pickup sproles, as it looks like New Orleans will try to use him based on last night. One key injury to ingram or PT and he's in there.
  • Reality +1 this

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
I appreciate all the input guys. I've made some changes and feel pretty confident about these games. I'll let you guys know how I did Tuesday.

Reality

Reality

A Hero Loses Every Day

• Members
  • 9,273 posts
Better late than never, but I won last week by 15pts. Here's to making it a 2-0 start.