Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ringer

Sarah Michelle Gellar CW Drama Buffy TV

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The CW brings out "big guns". This new series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ioan Gruffard and Nestor [Carbonell]. From the teasers I've deduced that the concept involves twin sisters who get in trouble with bad dudes; one sister LEEROY JENKINS! the Mob, the other sister annoys... someone else. One sister gets killdead, the other sister takes that sister's place in hopes of hiding from her pursuers... not knowing her sister was running too, which is why she was murderated. Ringer premieres on September 13th. So anyone willing to check it out?

The Official Site
IMDB's listing

Edited by The Human Torch, 31 October 2012 - 10:09 PM.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I'm checking it out. I only hope it's as good as "The Lying Game" which started a few weeks back and has exactly the same premise.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I didn't realize the premise was so close. Classic network shenanigans at work!

I'll be checking out the series at least for a bit because my wife [and I] are fans of Sarah and Ioan.

Also I think Copper is a Nestor fan, so maybe that will hook her.

Edited by The Human Torch, 10 September 2011 - 12:16 AM.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I'm a big Nestor fan as well, but not for the same reasons as her. LOL
  • The Human Torch +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
LMAO

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
Looking forward to this, interesting premise and I've been a fan of SMG for a long time now.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts
Thanks to the pilot of this show I now have 'I Fall to Pieces' stuck in my head. That being said, I was intrigued. I plan on tuning in to see where it goes. I think it has the potential to be a good show. Although I can't see how the premise can last multiple seasons.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, it was alright.

I have a theory. Shibon, the twin who faked her death, knows that someone wants to kill her. So she lures her sister (whom she blames for the death of her son, apparently) to assume her life so that she'll be murdered instead as punishment. I think that's the big picture here.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts

Also I think Copper is a Nestor fan, so maybe that will hook her.

You're right- it did hook me! Gotta get my Nestor fix. Plus, I loved Buffy so I had to see what SMG is up to now.

overall it was okay- except for the truly HORRIFIC greenscreen scene with the twins on the boat. I mean it was late 70s BAD.

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
The pilot did its job, I definitely want to see where this goes.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
The second episode was far weaker. The comedy of errors with the body was deeply retarded. Oh, so a body 18+ hours dead is suddenly going to start leaking blood? BOOLSHEET. Also, his cell phone doesn't go to voicemal after 4 rings and instead rings 25 times? BOOLSHEET.

Buffy or not, they need to step their ****ing game up or I'm out.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
My wife and I bailed part way into the second episode. Our DVR and Netflix queue are already too backed up with various stuff to play dumb with a show we have no investment in. Sorry, Buffy!

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
After a stinker of a second episode this show has really picked up! The last three episodes have been stunning!

Anybody else still in?

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts
I'm still watching it. I wouldn't say it was stunning but it has been good enough to survive my first wave of show axings. I think if it wasn't for Revenge I would say it was stunning but Revenge is completely blowing it away IMO.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I'm still watching and it's definitely gotten better. That second episode was deeply stupid. But since then it's been pretty ****ing good. Even had a couple twists I didn't predict.

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Indigenous Sith

• Members
  • 14,363 posts
I've been watching this show since the beginning, and I had high hopes during the first few episodes. It sorta seemed like a female version of "The Talented Mr. Ripley" in some ways because of the identity theft thing, but the more I watch it the more I think it's not that good. SMG's characters are cool, but most of the other characters I don't really care about. I'll have to wait and see if this has staying power.

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Sinister Lord Degiya'goh

Indigenous Sith

• Members
  • 14,363 posts
Tonight's episode was pretty good, lots of tension filled moments as Bridget and Malcolm get closer to putting some pieces together. I think I'll stick with this show as long as the episodes stay at this level of quality.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, I was gonna say, I was the other way around. The first episode was great, the second episode was ****ing HORRIBLE. One of the worst written episodes I've ever seen on TV. So bad I almost bailed.

But since then it's been really good, especially this most recent run since Gemma got jacked up.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I've been enjoying this show since the start, certainly more so the last couple of weeks. I thought this last episode was especially good. I think we're in store for a good first season, but I have to wonder about the future. This is one of those shows where the basic premise makes you wonder how long they can keep it both interesting and credible. Hopefully the writers already have some good long-term plans in mind for Season Two and beyond (and hopefully it'll last long enough for us to witness those plans brought to life).

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts
I think that too..Of course I thought how long could a show go on about people on an island too... :p

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
LOL...that's funny, because that same show came to mind while I was typing that post. Still, I think we can all agree that Lost was not typical in many ways. And though there was more than one show that tried to emulate it in one way or another afterwards, I don't think a single one of those lasted. If you read the fine print at the bottom of shows hinged on offbeat or narrow premises, I believe you'll see the words, "Individual results may vary".

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts
Am I the only one that just realized Andrew was Mr. Fantastic in The Fantastic Four movies?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I ... didn't realize that! Interesting.

Good God a Bear

Good God a Bear

well ****

• 8,418 posts
Congratulations Ringer! I thought I was going to have to write you off. You started with Siobhan and Bridget in the same room and I thought for sure it was going to be a stupid dream sequence and I can't stand BS cliches...but you fooled me. It wasn't a dream sequence. Good show.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sarah Michelle Gellar, CW, Drama, Buffy, TV