NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

Heh, sour grapes. Over what, exactly? You beating me once on a day the (slightly arguably) two best backs in the league combine for ten points? They have even close to average days and the W goes to the other team. Of course, they didn't and you won. Hats off to you. You played a nice game - one of your best ever. But, oh that's right - the draft didn't "sneak up" on you this year. So everything is different. Right.

Sure, Rock's talkin' loud. He does have the hardware and proven track record to back it up, of course. Hell, nobody talks more than Irish, but he also got lucky once...used to be good...has a trophy on his shelf. So, let's start with you actually stringing two wins together and beating yet another 40+ point spread. Then you can shut me and Rock both up. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Right.

Heh, sour grapes. Over what, exactly? You beating me once on a day the (slightly arguably) two best backs in the league combine for ten points? They have even close to average days and the W goes to the other team. Of course, they didn't and you won. Hats off to you. You played a nice game - one of your best ever. But, oh that's right - the draft didn't "sneak up" on you this year. So everything is different. Right.

Sure, Rock's talkin' loud. He does have the hardware and proven track record to back it up, of course. Hell, nobody talks more than Irish, but he also got lucky once...used to be good...has a trophy on his shelf. So, let's start with you actually stringing two wins together and beating yet another 40+ point spread. Then you can shut me and Rock both up. That shouldn't be too hard, right? Right.

Way to kill the fun douche nozzle. No wonder nobody hardly talks in here anymore.

And not in a fun Anchorman way.

We have a long and storied tradition regarding smack talk and banter between teams and I'd like to keep it that way. It adds to the fun, as long as it stays civil. Pretty much all of the posts here are in jest, I think we all know that. This isn't Lando or the Lyceum, keep things fun and light-hearted.

Everybody and their moms (especially Irish's) know that for the Ruff Puppies winning even a single game is a momentous occasion and he's going to dine out on this until scoring closes for Week 2, which is fair enough. I for one would like to congratulate Tommy on his victory, even though taking his sole win now means he has nothing else to look forwards to throughout the rest of the season....

Meanwhile, when I heard I was going to be without Peterson, I felt a little better knowing I could put in Martin. When I found out I didn't have him either, I figured, "Well, at least I can still count on Jamaal Charles."

Remember when I had the best, deepest backfield around? You know, like way back on Thursday? *sigh*

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.