NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

We technically have league dues, skiff, they have just been on the honor system up to this point (which has obviously failed miserably). A few of us have discussed making it mandatory (and the possible penalties), but we have never had an official vote on this sort of thing to make it enforceable.

I would be all for such a thing. Again, though, annual fees were intended to be tiny (~ $2) to cover the individual trophies. It was always understood that if you accepted the travelling trophy, you would be the one sending it on (i.e. it's a separate, voluntary decision apart from the personal trophies).

Personally, while I do see how it's cool and all, I went on record long ago saying that the next time I win it all(!), I don't even want the trophy. Not only for expense reasons, but shipping hassles and the simple fact that I have no where to put it. :shrug:

We would have avoided this whole discussion had we not let UK win last season.

Btw, I made an executive decision (lol, I'm not even an executive!) to move the keeper deadline to this Friday so we've got the extra weekend. I'll send PMs out and if for some reason one of the owners can't get their keepers in on time, we'll begrudgingly go with the 22nd. Deal? Deal.

Yeah that was genius how you made sure the lockout affected defenses much more than offenses resulting in the largest offensive boom since downfield passing!

Well we can't all be tactical maestroeslike me.

THIS IS A FRIENDLY REMINDER.

SET YOUR KEEPERS. THE DEADLINE APPROACHETH

Less friendly reminders will follow

When you are viewing your team on the ESPN site, there is a "Keeper" tab/button at the top. Select them there.

I don't see this on my screen right now. Maybe I waited too long to do this and it's already gone, I don't know. If so its my fault for waiting too long so whatever.

My keepers are Fred Jackson, Buf RB/ Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR / Jermichael Finley, GB TE / Miles Austin, Dal WR but if there's no way to do that at this point it IS my own fault for literally waiting until the last second so if I lose them all, it's on me. But I've been through every screen and submenu all over the site and I don't see a keeper button any****ingwhere so I don't know.

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Rock's Heels send both of their 2012 2nd Round Draft Picks (#16 and #24) to Ash's Ruff Puppies for Peyton Manning, QB Denver Broncos.

Manning is finally a Heel!

Gainesville, FL -- Peyton Manning has finally found a home for the 2012 season!

Heels owner, Rock Ledoux, took no time in announcing the team's biggest player acquisition. Moments earlier, he and Peyton Manning arrived at the Heel's Thunderdome in downtown Gainesville, where the team has officially relocated. There they held a press conference to make the announcement official.

"It gives me great pleasure to announce that future Hall of Famer Quarterback Peyton Manning is now a Heel!" exclaimed Rock. "Although not widely known, this move is a long time coming! Team Carr owner Garrison can testify that there hasn't been a year that's gone by that I've tried to make some type of proposal or offer for Peyton, so you all dont' knwo how happy this makes me."

"Peyton Manning is a winner, so naturally he belongs with a winning team. Peyton was the final piece of the puzzle and we will get to work right away to coordinate our offense around him and his talents. It's his team and we're all along for the ride!"

"It's been a crazy off season," grinned Manning as he approached the mic. "First being traded from Team Carr, who I loved playing for all these years to the Puppies... and now to my final destination with The Heels. I think as a Ruff Puppy I would have had a unique challenge, being the center piece of a rebuilding effort, a challenge I would have worked hard towards. But coming to Gainesville, the land that I couldn't buy a win here in college :press laughs:, I'm already on an established team on the verge of winning another championship. CJ, Gore, Roddy and VinnyJax are phenomenal players that I'm thrilled to play with."

Rock Ledoux announced that there will be another press conference held later this week before the draft to cover the new direction of the team.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.