NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

If you believe that I really think that the fpa really means anything, you need to learn how to read my posts.

You'd better believe that there has been a fire lit underneath me, and plan to be playing with the big boys. Next weeks win will be one step closer.

Playing with the big boys? Too bad you ain't in the big boy conference where your 5-3 record would have you sitting in 5th, behind me.

UKLK's team is a hella obstacle, this is true. I blame Arian Foster, who IMO is an MVP candidate.

But yes, my ship is still sailing strong despite having to stop quite a few catastrophic leaks. Moss, Britt, and Gates and their injuries. The inability of Johnny Knox to play up to his potential. The lack of a Steelers o-line to allow Mendenhall to do his thing.

But yes, the best quartback in football is on my roster. I am confident in my continuing success.

And yes, Ex, you're having another nice year. Largely because Rodgers has been at an insane level, though McCoy has certainly been surprisingly good this year. Still, it's a tight pack this season and I'd have to qualify your league's best record with a "for now", because I think that will change hands a few more times before year's end. Honestly, up to this point, the team I've considered the most dangerous was UKLK's (and Ryan, please don't make me regret admitting that).

MUAHAHAHAHA

*saves for later use*

Seriosuly though my team has been a little hot and cold this season. Usually putting up good numbers, but ranging from 80-120 or so. I've been saved by stellar performances from a few players every now and again. As per usual two of my keepers have been disappointing. MJD for the usual reasons and DeSean Jackson because....well **** knows. He certainly isn't getting much attention from the Iggles QBs. Although I have finally got myself sorted a TE.

I knwo you didn't want expansion... you've been quite clear about that!

Just to be clear, I'm not just endlessly bitching towards no purpose, I'm sowing the seeds for a contraction vote in the offseason. Better to comment as things happen instead of waiting until the offseason. Keeps the fire hot, you know. But the comments have been made so I'll let the horse corpse rest until somebody else ****s up. :drool:

No, it would be Otanku (who hasn't updated his roster for a month) and Austin who no longer posts... despite keeping up on his team.

I'm all for 12 team leagues, so it's a shame if we have to contract. But there's no sense in forcing a league to have 12 teams when we can only support 10.

Okay so somebody should talk to Austin. If I see him on XBL when I'm on later, I'll shoot him a party invite and discuss it with him. He's got enough seniority IMO that we shouldn't be too quick to jump on him for not posting without having some idea of why first. Maybe he doesn't have convenient acccess to Nightly buyt does have the ESPN Fantasy Football app for iPhone or iPod or something like that.

Sometimes people just get ridiculously busy, and I know from experience that pulling up a bookmarked roster page and setting your lineup takes less time than posting here @ Nightly or anyplace else message board-like.

I just made a strong case against Otanku without realizing it in terms of how easy it is to set ones lineup. And yes I know, this is community-based and we're all a tight knit group and all that, and I know that's why the majority of users hate on Texascat for participating well in leagues but not posting here.

Maybe we should create a thread for IRL informative stuff, kind of like the mods "I'm not going to be here for a few days" thread, where people can drop a line or two and touch base in regards to what is happening in life, their availability, the circumstances behind their activity or lack thereof, etc. It can be a place where people can inquire about joining a league, giving notice on leaving a league, etc.

Off-topic discussion over. Now then...

I may be looking to make a trade of some kind :hmm:

I see what you're saying. I didn't protest because it fit my agenda but I was wondering why merely not posting here a while would make one subject to expulsion. Does being lectured by DL on smack talk REALLY heighten our fantasy football experience? But if he's never even acknowledged this thread exists, okay, I can get behind that.

(DL, before you start taking this personally, I'm totally ****ing with you and have been the whole time. In actuality, I don't give a crap at all. I mean, AT ALL. My original comment that started all this is just me being in love with the current teenager trend of adding a "z" to the word "homo" and calling everybody that. I love that, so I use it everywhere. It wasn't even smack talk in the sense of trying to score points on a mofo, it just made me laugh to do it. But then the opportunity to **** with you was too tempting.)

(Non smack talk/league related) Ok cool, since I'm still trying to get who is who with teams and posters, I know most just a few I don't, I wasn't really aware of anyone beside Otanku not being around. And since I was the 2nd new guy, easy to think if a drop of 2 teams was to occur, I'd get the boot. Sorry if the first post seemed somewhat snarky. (/non smack talk/league related)

Ex, what you looking to do with your team? I may have some tradeable players, and with Murray seemingly emerging as the new RB star in Dallas, that allows me some more flex in who I can trade. I'm sure I may end up regretting playing him this season, but I needed something last week.

By the way, has it been set how many rookie keepers we get? It was 1 right? Staying at 1? Something to discuss in the offseason?

I'll leave the smack talk about the prediction alone this week, only because we all know I'll beat it just like everyone beats Irish. Oh hey look who I play this week!

Aw, Dex...shut your PIEhole! :drool:

While I agree that we need to draw a line somewhere, I also agree with Ex that maybe we cut Austin a bit more slack and see if there's a good reason. After all, Pharaoh-sitings are pretty damn rare in general, but he's never had his standing in the NBF questioned. I'm not saying cut him infinite slack, but we're not going to make a change mid-season, so it doesn't have to be decided quite yet.

That's true. People who claim to not have time for something are full of crap if we're talking longer than 48 hours. Anybody can have an insane 48 hours where you can't return emails or calls or whatever. Otherwise, you MAKE time for what you give a **** about. Period. I had a 2 week period where I was working three 30 hour a week jobs at once, had to drive to Raleigh twice (3 hour round trip) and Atlanta once (14 hour round trip) and I STILL had time to do our draft and return every email that was sent to me. During that same time period, one of my actresses who only had college and no job "didn't have time" to return three work emails. I fired her. You make time for what you give a **** about. If you don't believe that, imagine your busiest week and then tell me you wouldn't find the time if your favorite super hawt and rich celeb called you up and wanted to buy you dinner and a movie and **** afterwards. You'd find a way, mofo. So it's just a matter of how much you want something.

So, we could've just replaced Austin with Ash and all had a better draft this year? Wish we had seen that coming. On the bright side, at least Otanku's flaking on us didn't really skew the season in any way, as he almost certainly would've lost those games, anyways (and of course, he won this past week, somehow).

On a related note, all joking aside, Irish, I feel bad for you (at least as much as I can for any opponent). Losing to an absentee owner caps off your teams's latest clunker and even when your team puts up triple digits, you still have lost every time. This has been a rough season for several ex-champs. I might find this turn of events "interesting", if I wasn't one of them, myself. (And Ex, Rock - not a word!) :nono:

Did I read there might be a team opening up in the keeper league. I have really never played one of them before, but I am a quick learner. If there is an opening, how would you fill about me maybe taking over the team? I know I havent been active in the forums lately, but things will change. With a job promotion at work, its been hectic. Now that everything is getting back into a routine, I will post quite a bit in addition to my 5 hours of lurking a day.

PS: I am always ready to face Lucas. He and I have had a nice past "rivalry" going on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.