NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews! We want Previews!

Sweet job UK! Looking forward to the others ;)

Okay, I'm back home! As I mentioned earlier I took a little side trip that cost me Friday's preview and yesterday was spent at the hospital with an ill grandmother. I'm back there today but today, I have my laptop! Previews coming shortly.

Dexy's Midnight Haters

Overview/History:

Despite a substandard season in almost every regard for the Haters who finished 4-9 in 2010, they were only 2 games out of the playoffs and weren't eliminated from contention until week 11 thanks for a 4 game win streak. 7 losses in a row to start the season were far too much to overcome for the Haters however. The gap is closing between the “contenders” and the Haters, this might be the year Dex breaks through.

2006: 7-6, lost in first round of playoffs to Team Carr (as Team Primbud)

2007: 1-12, no playoffs

2008: 3-10, no playoffs

2009: 5-8, no playoffs

2010: 5-8, no playoffs

Roster:

QB: Sam Bradford

RB: DeAngelo Williams

RB: Fred Jackson

WR: Miles Austin

WR: Mike Wallace

TE: Jermichael Finley

Key Backups:

WR: Marques Colston

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick

2011 Draft Grade:

Dex went into the 2011 draft needing running backs, and lots of them. DeAngelo Williams with the 3rd pick as exactly what he should have done. Same goes for Fred Jackson in the 3rd. I'm not the biggest fan of Pierre Thomas and I think he could have waited on Roy Helu, but Garcon in the 6th is potentially a great pick. Overall Dex did exactly what he needed to in pretty much every round. Only because he was missing a 2nd round pick (which admittedly he got Miles Austin for that) do I not give him a solid A, instead he gets an utterly meaningless A- from me.

Analysis:

The WR position is obviously the strength of this group, with two potential top 10 guys and a top 15 talent in Colston. With Colston it's only a matter of staying healthy. Williams should be a starting RB and Fred Jackson has the ability to provide good points for the Haters. Finley has the chance to be an elite TE but much like Dallas Clark in Indy you never know how much Rodgers will spread the ball around. There isn't much depth at RB, and Bradford isn't proven yet but this has the chance to be the best edition of the Haters yet.

2011 Prediction:

I really do think that this should be the Haters best season. If Bradford turns in a superb season the Haters could be headed for the playoffs. As it is now, I'm seeing the Haters at just around .500, the addition of a stud RB through the waiver wire or the emergence of someone on his roster could put him over the top.

Yeah the Saints passing attack is just so ridiculously spread out it's hard to pick out one WR from the bunch. It'll pay off on a few occasions but generally it's a no-go.

Sproles is looking like a good fit in NO. Fast out of the backfield and stacked enough to make a dent when running it. Still not a definitive #1 RB for the Saints though

Yeah so after my football world got shattered this week I had exactly zero motivation to finish the NFF previews. Here are my overall predictions though:

12.) Austin Tanks (3-10)

11.) Austin's Steelers (4-9)

10.) Ash's Ruff Puppies (5-8)

9.) Team Carr (5-8)

8.) Texas DDT (6-7)

7.) Dexy's Midnight Haters (6-7)

----Playoff Teams----

6.) Irish Micks (7-6)

5.) Aussie Kangaroos (7-6)

4.) UKLK's Vikings (8-5)

3.) The Nightmares (8-5)

2.) Kemah Jokers (9-4)

1.) Rock's Heels (10-3)

Playoffs:

UKLK's Vikings over Aussie Kangaroos

Nightmares over Irish Micks

UKLK's Vikings over Kemah Jokers

Rock's Heels over The Nightmares

UKLK's Vikings over Rock's Heels

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.