NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

5-5-2 and 6-6 are the same win%. It would then go to the next tiebreaker - which is total points scored.

If you end up with the same number of wins as somebody else (and thus had the same win percentage) you will have lost less than them so will be placed above them in the rankings.

Now you have a nice advantage if you somebody else also has a tie and ends with the same number of wins as you!!

I'm not sure this makes any sense lol.

It did, but not in this system. I figured that if Dex had won six games with two ties (6-5-2) and I had won six games with no ties (6-7) he would get the advantage as it would be measured on win percentage - which would be tied as we had both won 6 games, but he would get the tie-break due to having lost less games.

That's not quite the way it works as we can see from the 2013 season:

Irish Micks 5 6 2 .462

Aussie Kangaroos 6 7 0 .462

Irish got in over Brad despite winning less games than him. In my system Brad would still have the edge here as he would have won more games, so the tie break point isn't reached, but this system awards it to Irish for having lost less games.

I still don't understand what you're saying.

6-5-2 (basically, 7-6) vs. 6-7 aren't the same win-percentage. It doesn't have to do with winning more or losing less.

5-6-2 and 6-7 are the same record, win-percentage wise. It went to tiebreak.

Basically, as stated before, a tie is basically both a half-loss and a half-win. It's pretty simple.... I think?

Back to the tie discussion, here's a list:

Aussie Kangaroos 65 – Dexy’s Midnight Haters 65 – Week 4 ‘15

Kemah Jokers 91 – Dexy’s Midnight Haters 91 – Week 3 ‘15

Rock’s Heels 94 – Aussie Kangaroos 94 – Week 6 ‘14

Team Carr 92 – Rock’s Heels 92 – Playoff Round 2 ‘13

Irish Micks 111 – UKLK’s Vikings 111 – Week 12 ‘13

Kemah Jokers 92 – Ash’s Ruff Puppies 92 – Week 12 ‘13

Irish Micks 74 – Dexy’s Midnight Haters 74 – Week 10 ‘13

The Nightmares 99 – Texas DDT 99 – Week 2 ‘13

Dexy’s Midnight Haters 83 – Rock’s Heels 83 – Week 10 ‘12

Austin's Steelers 69 – Texas DDT 69 – Week 11 '11

Kemah Jokers 91 – UKLK's Vikings 91 – Week 3 '10

Irish Micks 73 – Nightmares 73 – Week 5 '09

Irish Micks 81 – Team Carr 81 – Week 3 '08

Nightmares 67 – Texas DDT 67 – Week 5, 2007. Win for Lohr

And going back to the scoring we talked about after week 2- It's actually continued to drop since then, currently sitting at 85.325ppg. It'll take a serious, serious rebound for that to recover. Weird.

So pissed at myself. I was so happy to get Barnidge and hopefully fill the gaping hole I had at TE. I immediately put him in ny lineup. I ignored all of the "experts" that said he had a horrible match up. I ignored the ESPN projections that said he wouldn't do anything. Then, this morning I get a "warning" on my phone that my backup TE (R. Rodgers) is projected to out score my starter.

So, what do I do? The cardinal sin of fantasy sports - I start thinking. "Well, if either guy is a crap shoot", I figure, "I may as well go with the guy that has Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball." Dammit, they wore me down. Sometimes, I think I should set my f'n lineup on Tuesday and not even think about it again until the games are over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmmm UK, Duke Johnson is on my practice squad

I've dropped him from Ryan's roster.

Hey Ryan - hope you get this. You accidentally added and started Duke Johnson but he's been on the Practice Squad of Brad's Roos. I had to drop him and I added your highest ranked RB. But if you get this in the next few hours you can add a FA RB and start him

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.