NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

Truth be told, I wasn't even able to be here for most of the draft.

In an unrelated story, this was actually Dragon's fastest draft in franchise history.

Yes. I've always been out of town the week of the draft. However, this won't be the case for me any more. A new dawn is approaching for my franchise. We will be a championship franchise. We've already decided a new location to move our franchise to, and a new name. Just waiting for the right time to unveil the change.

VIKINGS DELIVER EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

December 24th. 2012. A Christmas Eve like no other.

As the clock ticked down it's final few seconds on the 2012 UberBowl, Vikings fans across the globe held their breath, their beer, and most of all, their tears. After a long season of unprecedented scoring and at times frustrating results, their team finally confirmed what they had believed for seven long years. The first team in NFF history to not only become two-time league world champions, but to do it back-to-back.

The game itself was back and forth with the Nightmares running game, headed up by a monster game from Jamaal Charles, running the Vikings run defense ragged for the first two quarters. However an inspired half-time speech led a Vikings resurgance through the air. Quarterback Drew Brees once more took responsibility, as he has so often over the past few years, and was soon throwing left and right to the trio of WR's that the Vikings had given the task of rescuing the game after Arian Foster came up against stern opposition in the trenches.

Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall and Michael Crabtree used the connection they had built up with the Vikings QB to make up for the missing MJD and Gronkowski, both of whom were on the sidelines cheering on their team-mates. Thanks to this the Vikings were able to wrest control of the game back from the Nightmares, who had previously raced ahead to an early lead.

Having pegged the Nightmares back with their offence, the Vikings pass defence took to the field determined not to let the lead slip back. Shutting down the offensive weapon that is Cam Newton was hard enough but they also managed to prevent Julio Jones, Cecil Shorts and Tony Gonzalez to just one score through the air. The icing on the cake came with two late interceptions as the Nightmares tried in vain to close the gap once more.

With the final INT the Vikings crowd and bench roared into life, finally daring to celebrate what looked at times to be an unlikely victory. Exuberance and joy were obvious as the Vikings ran out the clock, Brees punting the ball in a fit of emotion usually hidden so well.

A delighted GM Ryan Edwardson was on hand to once more raise the trophy alongside Brees, whom he fought so hard to get on the roster 5 years ago. The two were not ready to rest upon their laurels however, once more pledging for a successful defence of the title next year, after a well earned rest for Christmas and New Year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No seriously, I want an explanation

In a league that allows teams to keep four players as well as 4 rookies, I am at a major disadvantage. I inherited the worst team in the league and the only way I can improve my squad is by quality draft picks and now despite having the worst record in the league and second lowest point totals by a slim 4 points I am slated to have the #3 pick in the draft rather than the #1 pick. WTF?

With a league that continually preaches competitive balance how is this justified?

It's how the NFL used to be - the reverse of the regular season records, except for the two teams from the championship game (who go last). So, you're right about the Nightmares at #11 and the Vikings at #12. The first 6 spots would be correct, as well (assuming you have the tie-breakers correct, which I haven't looked at) and the Roos are correct at #10.

However, the Micks would be #7, the Heels #8, and the Haters #9.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.