NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

Repeated because it seems like it got ignored by everyone not named Skiff Dickmon:

Let's say the rookie draft will kick-off at 6pm Friday. That means your practice squad players must be declared by Thursday at 10pm.

Rookie draft will be concluded once everyone has their 4 practice squad slots filled, or they've passed on their picks.

Free Agency will begin at a time to be determined upon the completion of the rookie draft. Maybe 8am Monday?

That's the course of action I'm going with, if you don't adhere to it and no one takes LM powers from me in the mean time, sorry bout ya.

That sounds like the schedule we need. I wonder how long the rookie draft will take?

Well actually I got good at the worst case crap and looking at things from every angle from my time as a movie theatre manager...damn kids.

But as someone said... the official rules are...somewhere? And while yes the keeper stuff is everywhere, to be honest in still gets overlooked. I don't get half my pm notifications. Long posts in the draft? Skip. Causes lots of talk? Possibly missed from all the added posts.

But Nah im good I don't really think it'll be an issue aftervthis year when it gets voted to be dropped or reduced

No. Why would we? First of all, if you trade away your draft picks, why would you be entitled to more draft picks? Plus, why would you need picks after the draft, when it's going to be the same players that are available in free agency...which comes right after the draft?

Did anyone check this guy's resume before we hired him?!?

"...pretend for a moment that I know nothing about

the NFF Practice Squad, or how many threads all

the rules are listed in, or what my responsibilities

are, and just tell me when the hell

the SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT is supposed to begin."

"You never bothered reading..."

The Supplemental Draft starts today at 6:00pm EST. Be aware that for this draft, there is only a 12 hour clock, not a 24 hour clock like the NFF Draft.

This means it is even more important that if you think you may not be around, make a list. Just as important, make sure that the person you send your list to will be around. If someone has given you a list & you don't think you'll be available, please forward it to me.

To review, the draft order will follow the "worst-to-first" format that is used in the odd rounds of the NFF Draft. Teams are allowed to continue making picks until their practice squad is full. If you do not wish to use all of your supplemental picks, you may choose to withdraw from the draft at any time. If this is your intent, please make it clear, so that the draft may continue smoothly. Just like in the NFF Draft, it is your responsibility to make sure someone is available before you take them - if you try to pick someone that is not available, we will move on to the next team (though you may still make your pick at any time).

Incorrect.

The wording of the proposal stating the supplemental draft was only 2 rounds was a mistake, one that you and I both admit to. Everyone - including you, up until very recently - believed there were four rounds. Further more, both of our league commissioners have supported there being four rounds.

So, look at it either as a mistake being rectified or as the proposal being amended, but you should not have closed the draft thread. It is not over. Please re-open it.

Incorrect.

The wording of the proposal stating the supplemental draft was only 2 rounds was a mistake, one that you and I both admit to. Everyone - including you, up until very recently - believed there were four rounds. Further more, both of our league commissioners have supported there being four rounds.

So, look at it either as a mistake being rectified or as the proposal being amended, but you should not have closed the draft thread. It is not over. Please re-open it.

Why do you think it was a mistake? Even if you think it was a mistake to us, 8 other people who weren't privy to our discussions saw that proposal and voted for it. I don't admit that it was a mistake, I admit that not noticing it until now is a mistake. Everyone had the same proposal at their disposal, it doesn't fall on you or I to enumerate every single rule- which we were relied on far too much for this. If we need to clarify things, sure, but people should be more than capable of checking their PMs to see the rules of the system. Further, check our discussion of the proposal on facebook, there isn't anything about changing the number of rounds in the supplemental draft.

It doesn't matter if both of the Commissioners support something, that mere fact hasn't ever been enough to decide something.

You can't just amend the proposal on the fly, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. Unless we've created a rule that inhibits the function of the league, all matters are discussed in the offseason, we're officially past that point. Just saying "it was a mistake that it ended up that way" is exactly what you didn't allow me to do with regards to who is and isn't picking in the Supplemental Draft.

The discussion begins and ends with the fact that everyone should have read in detail, and understand the rules that they voted for unanimously. We flubbed it saying 4 rounds, but that's no excuse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.