NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

Alright ill pose this question here. How does ESPN work when it comes to add/drop and starting lineups?

Let me explain. Say I got two WR playing Monday. Come Sunday afternoon WR 1 is in my starting lineup but he is probable to play Monday. He is also the much better player of the two. Monday comes and prior to the game it is announced that WR 1 is out. Can I still edit my lineup to put WR 2 into my starting lineup now?

I know yahoo you can make changes up until that players game begins.

IF that is possible, changing lineup on Monday, what if WR 2 is now a rookie keeper? Assuming I have the open roster spot, could, Monday morning, move a rookie to my main roster and start him for the Monday night game? Keep in mind both are playing Monday night.

Now if that is possible in our eyes, will ESPN allow me to add him and start him?

You have up until the scheduled kickoff time for each player. So, you would be able to switch for another player already on your roster if his game hasn't started yet. However, the practice squad follows the same rules as any roster changes. If I remember right, rosters are locked at the start of the first game and don't unlock until the day after games conclude.

Also, in case anyone missed it...

Alright, we now have an official practice squad thread. You may declare players to your practice squad at the conclusion of your draft. However, those regular roster spots will remain vacant for the time being. Free agency will not be open until sometime after the supplemental draft.

Remember to check this list before you add any free agents! Players on the practice squads will still be listed as FAs on the ESPN site. It is your responsibility to make sure a player is truly available before you add him on ESPN. If you cut a player in order to add someone that is already on another team's practice squad, the practice squad player will be removed from your roster and you may not get your original player back.

If I remember right, rosters are locked at the start of the first game and don't unlock until the day after games conclude.

I don't think so. I think it just locks players whose team has played and remains locked until Tuesday. I remember being able to make additions on a Monday with the two teams playing MNF. At least I hope I'm right, because there are many more Thursday Night Football games this year and we would all be ****ed if we couldn't make changes between then ans Sunday.

So free agency will begin at the conclusion of the supplemental rookie draft, correct?

And teams should keep their practice squad players on their current rosters until that time at which point they can release those players into "protected free agency" and fill out the remaining slots in their rosters from the unprotected free agent pool?

When will the rookie draft be taking place?

Is there a time frame on the rookie draft?

Since teams are not required to fill out the entire four player practice squad how will the conclusion of the draft be determined?

Will free agency begin immediately following the rookie draft or will there be a designated date and time in which it will begin?

What exactly have the commissioner, the former commissioners, league managers, psuedo-league managers, and honorary league managers determined will be our course of action moving forward?

The order of the draft (in every round) follows a worst-to-first order, based on last season's records (as used in the odd rounds of the regular draft, with the 11th and 12th slots being held by the Uber Bowl participants). Teams are allowed to make draft picks until their practice squad is full, though they can announce that they are waiving the rest of their picks at any time (should they so choose).

The exact start of the supplemental draft has not yet been determined, but I know that it cannot start until all teams declare which players they are putting on their practice squad on this thread. Please do not change anything on the ESPN site at this time, only on that thread. Also, if you do not wish to put anyone on your squad before the supplemental draft, please make it clear on that thread, as well (a simple post saying "nobody" will do).

I'd answer, but my title (usurper of league manager powers who will give them back once this situation is resolved, also acceptable: Emperor Palpatine of the NFF) wasn't included.

Let's say the rookie draft will kick-off at 6pm Friday. That means your practice squad players must be declared by Thursday at 10pm.

Rookie draft will be concluded once everyone has their 4 practice squad slots filled, or they've passed on their picks.

Free Agency will begin at a time to be determined upon the completion of the rookie draft. Maybe 8am Monday?

(And skiff, you sure have a lot of questions for someone without any picks in the draft!) :p

Keen observation Mr. Lohr

The reason I am inquisitive is because due to the Practice Squad element of this years draft I currently have an incomplete roster, since three of my NFF Draft picks have been designated to the practice squad leaving holes in my regular roster.

I am interested in free agency to complete my regular season roster, and therefor the parameters of the Rookie Draft are of principle concern, considering non-rookie aquisitions can not be authorized until its completion.

And it is possible that this Rookie Draft/Practice Squad completion process may be a lengthy one without established guidelines

So I was inguiring as to the proposed framework to complete this process in order to finalize my roster

Good lord. I am out of pocket for the next couple of days. I will remove SD's players now. I will need help getting the draft thread started for the rookies since I'm limited to mobile access.

After the rookie draft, we will designate a time and date for free agency to start so everyone has equal opportunity for the FA's.

Please note, if you pass on a pick in the rookie draft, your part in the draft will be done. Also please remember, while you get rookie keepers, you are limited in number to who you can keep season to season - meaning if you love all of your rookie keepers this year and keep all of them, you will not be a part of the supplemental draft next season. The eligibility is also capped at three years. We will do our best to note the year the rookies were drafted in the thread.

So may I suggest the creation of a rules thread? One that details everything from the draft to the supplemental draft to free agent to the timeline. And it be locked and pinned so no long thread it becomes? Plus pinned we know it stays on top.

Plus each year any proposed new rules could be posted in there, then a date for vote then result?

Just an idea. He'll ill do it myself if there is a want for it and nobody minds me putting it together

Also, I feel this needs to be addressed now rather than wait for it to maybe happen. Side note: my job makes me look for worst case scenario so that's all im doing :).

Rock im throwing you under the bus for this one.

It's 12:30 pm est and I decide that, immediate Ruben Randle is too good to not use. Currently he is on my practice squad. So I go to add him to my main roster bit sadly Rock overlooked it himself and has picked him up and started him. Now it is 1pm and randle is playing.

What do I do? Do I post on a thread prior to kick off saying I want to start him but can't do to rocks blunder?

Can a comish edit a lineup after games have begun?

Yes, a commish can edit a lineup before a game, during a game and after a game. I would suggest making a post in the main NFF thread for it to be fixed. That way it also lets the blunderer know that they f'ed up and to not do it again. Judging on how things have gone so far, I have a strong feeling that the over/under for owners making this mistake will be 3.5.

Plus each year any proposed new rules could be posted in there, then a date for vote then result?

There's already a thread for that. What we really need is better owner participation in the offseason for these discussions. Generally, what we get is a few owners going round and round, killing time by repeating themselves while we wait for some more voices to be heard. Most matters die in the water, because sustaining a discussion about them proves impossible. If something actually does make it to vote, it's only through a great deal of effort (even to simply get people to cast a vote), and then there is still confusion because many people didn't get involved in the actual discussions and are out of the loop.

As for the rules themselves, as Irish recently mentioned, there is an official NFF constitution that covers nearly everything. It does need to be updated, but I believe that's in the works.

Good lord. I am out of pocket for the next couple of days. I will remove SD's players now. I will need help getting the draft thread started for the rookies since I'm limited to mobile access.

After the rookie draft, we will designate a time and date for free agency to start so everyone has equal opportunity for the FA's.

I already removed SD's players. I figured I'd doing the rookie draft thread too :unimpressed: Unless someone wants to volunteer....

Also, unless I am mistaken, the schedule needs to be set for the season. I will get it done this week unless it is set already.

Don't touch the schedule this year, please. lol. We'll use the one I built last year that you unknowingly changed.

So may I suggest the creation of a rules thread? One that details everything from the draft to the supplemental draft to free agent to the timeline. And it be locked and pinned so no long thread it becomes? Plus pinned we know it stays on top.

Just an idea. He'll ill do it myself if there is a want for it and nobody minds me putting it together

We've got one of those somewhere. And the rules for the developmental keeper system are literally everywhere. PMs, the draft thread, this thread, Lohr's thread. Everywhere.

Again, there's a rules discussion thread that we even used this year. If you want it to be your thing that you keep them updated and all that, by all means. Do it to it.

Yes, a commish can edit a lineup before a game, during a game and after a game. I would suggest making a post in the main NFF thread for it to be fixed. That way it also lets the blunderer know that they f'ed up and to not do it again. Judging on how things have gone so far, I have a strong feeling that the over/under for owners making this mistake will be 3.5.

Mostly this. League Managers can edit lineups as long as the person is on your roster. In the case you outlined, just call the offending moron out, tell us who you would start AND IN PLACE OF WHO and the LM will be able to adjust your score as needed. Also what are you Ash, an actuary? Some type of risk manager?

Repeated because it seems like it got ignored by everyone not named Skiff Dickmon:

Let's say the rookie draft will kick-off at 6pm Friday. That means your practice squad players must be declared by Thursday at 10pm.

Rookie draft will be concluded once everyone has their 4 practice squad slots filled, or they've passed on their picks.

Free Agency will begin at a time to be determined upon the completion of the rookie draft. Maybe 8am Monday?

That's the course of action I'm going with, if you don't adhere to it and no one takes LM powers from me in the mean time, sorry bout ya.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.