NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

Personally, I like the expansion. I feel that the league has become more competitive because of it, and that more of a thinking cap is required sometimes in order to pull off a victory. That's not to say that teams with a losing record at this point aren't being strategic enough, so don't get me wrong - but yes, I do feel that a thinner pool means that it is harder to win.

And to me, that is a good thing.

Prolly cause none of us are really killing it. With Jennings, Roddy, CJ, Gore and Witten, one would think I should be undefeated, but it's the opposite. I think the lack of a camp & offseason really hurt the all-stars. I'm just going to relax though. I built the best team I could, so I can't blame myself too much. Not my fault they are all under performing.

Yeah, it's certainly isn't a typical season. And obviously losing Jamaal Charles in Week 2 was a huge blow to my team. Now I also get to wonder all off-season if he'll be able to get back to 100% next year. That's the only silver lining in losing him right off the bat is that he has more recovery time.

What also makes this whole losing thing so much more frustrating is that not only do I have just one dependable back now, but because I was so wrong about Mike Williams, I don't have a dependable WR2, either. And really, I was hoping that would be Maclin's position, but he's my WR1 by default now. And frickin' Vernon Davis was a Top 5 TE in just about anyone's opinion and my top draft pick, yet the only reason he's even still on the roster is the faint hope I have that he'll turn it around and the fact that there's nothing out there to replace him with, anyways.

It's because there are less free wins this season (and I really do mean that in the least offensive way possible). Scoring is up all around, not just for the "better" teams.

In our division, there's little separation in terms of points scored from 1st to 5th, no one is running away with both wins and points scored.

The other problem really is that some just are just GOD AWFUL this year, or in some cases too good. Most years you could expect at least a combo of either a QB/RB, QB/WR, WR/RB from each team being somewhat stud status. This year there seems to be a good number of teams where you only got one true fantasy standout, and that makes it harder all around.

I mean, just off the top of my head, players I think are doing good/best on their team and the rest aren't close.

SF- Gore

Miami- Marshall

STL- Jackson

Sea- nobody

Indy- Nobody

Dal- really nobody at the moment

Philly- Vick and since he spreads the ball around nicely it's hard to know what WR is going to go nuts

NO- Brees see above

That's a good number of teams with no players to really pick up as needed

I think if my team was better (code words meaning "if I didn't suck") then this board would see more action from me than Irish's mom on an average Wednesday night.

Seriously, I'll post more. If it's not enough, then by all means contract.

this sucks, talk about being conflicted

i got ray rice against the steelers defense

urgh

just need to have mike wallace to have a really quiet night and the win should be in the bag

Your win was in the bag the moment Fitz sucked tons of ass against the Jets. He even has his average game from this season and I'm right there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.