NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

WARNING!!!

You may be joking (although I knwo you're underhandedly not), but this is ****ing wrong. Just because you don't like a deal that I offered you doesn't mean you publicly call it dodgy and potentially not make a trade with someone else because of you own ****ing opinion. It's ****ing wrong and you ****ing know it. Issuing warnings to everyone else because you didn't like an offer. **** you.

You better delete that **** or I'm done with you. ****ing bull****.

It only counts if you guys AND Canada spell it that way, right? lol

And some parts of the pacific north west.

No real reason except that I like to say 'pacific north west' even if I don't really know where it is. (I'm guessing up around Washington, the Rockies? That would make some sort of sense)

WARNING!!!

You may be joking (although I knwo you're underhandedly not), but this is ****ing wrong. Just because you don't like a deal that I offered you doesn't mean you publicly call it dodgy and potentially not make a trade with someone else because of you own ****ing opinion. It's ****ing wrong and you ****ing know it. Issuing warnings to everyone else because you didn't like an offer. **** you.

You better delete that **** or I'm done with you. ****ing bull****.

Woaaaah, somebody missed the fun train today. I think in about 6 years I've made about 10 posts that are serious in some way, shape or form in these threads

I was simply playing on the running joke that you always offer trades to people and that CJ2K has been having a tough start to the season. The trade you offered wasn't even dodgy it was an fair and balanced and had the potential to benefit me greatly. When it comes down to it I don't care who or what you trade with other people because it's ALL JUST A GAME and I was just trying to keep the fun flowing through this thread.

People can throw all the mud at me they want, I don't give a ****. Unfortunately, I'm pretty much done trading in this league because it never improves my team that year and ends up with me having ****ty picks in the next draft. Not blaming anybody, they were all good looking deals at the time and that's the problem. They look good, they were fair, and I ended up with a sore ***hole anyway. **** that.

The recent exception is the Miles Austin deal I made last year which is working out pretty good despite is injury.

Mate at the end of the day I didn't expose any part of a deal you were making with me. To say it was an underhanded way of sabotaging is ridiculous. This is a fun league. What makes it fun is the small amount of back-stabbing, sniping and blow ups we have. I don't get involved with them because I don't take it that seriously. Do I want to win? Of course! Who doesn't? Do I want to win so much that I would start making public trades that you are offering? Hell no.

I made the post because of the running joke we have and I thought you might be asking others similar questions and we could have a small laugh about it. SuperDragon got in contact with me the other day offering a trade for one of my players. You know why I didn't post something similar? Because there is no joke about SuperDragon making lots of trades.

The trade you offered was in no way dodgy or one sided. It had the potential to benefit me more than you. I know that and you know that. It was a joke and didn't intend to hurt your plans in anyway. If you took it that way then I am sorry, but it was an attempt at humour not sabotage.

I'd say it's fine. I'm not sure how much the Trading Block feature is utilized yearly (nobody has used that feature yet this season), but you could try that too. I check it all the time...hell, just checked it today.

On that note...

AP:

The Kemah Jokers have parted ways with WR Jerome Simpson. Ownership briefly commented on the move early this evening.

"It's a tough decision, but there were concerns about Simpson. Too much able-bodied competition at his position, off-field concerns, and growing need to fortify other positions on the roster. This is not to say that we won't give him a look in the future if he continues to show improvement, as we have proven time and time and again to give second chances to deserving talent - but for now, we bid him farewell and wish him the best in all his future endeavors."

Simpson's spot on the Jokers roster was filled by TE Scott Chandler. No comment was made on the acquisition.

Not at all. I was actually thinking of making a "Trade Block" thread. Where we could post something for instance

Offering: Peyton Manning

Receiving: Pennies on the dollar.

We (Rock, Irish, and myself) could keep the top (only?) post updated with any current players on the trade block.

A change of direction

Rookie QB set to take Nightmares' reigns

by Hugh Jass

September 23, 2011

The Nightmares have been unusually quiet the past few days, especially considering that they just completed perhaps the biggest trade in franchise history earlier this week. The team traded quarterback Matt Schaub and next season's 1st round draft pick to the Aussie Kangaroos for breakout rookie QB Cam Newton, a rather significant move for a team not known for making trades. However, they were content letting the 'Roos press announcement deliver the news, with no press conference or release of their own.

"Oh, it's a pretty big deal", Nightmares owner and GM Eric Rash admits with a wry grin. "I could easily go down as a genius - or as an idiot. Obviously, we feel pretty good about our chances, though. We took a risk, but I really think it's going to pay dividends for years and years to come."

Reaction from around the league has been slow to come, at least publicly. The same can be said for the equally surprising trade that preceded the Newton deal a day earlier, Team Carr's acquisition of QB Matthew Stafford from the Jokers. Now, Newton and Stafford will combine with the Midnight Haters' Ryan Fitzpatrick as a surprising crop of fresh faces among the NFF's starting signal callers, a position traditionally held by those better established. However, this trio is determined to show that the past is much less important than the present - and so are their teams.

"We need to be clear on one thing", said Rash, "and that's that, while this move was made with the future in mind, we absolutely have not changed our goals for this season. Yes, we lost Jamaal (Charles) for the year. Yes, we are 0-2. You know what that means? It means we're a whopping one game out of a playoff spot and two whole games out of first place - and we have eleven games left to make up the difference. We still have the best back in football. Our defense has been solid, but still hasn't even hit its stride. Jeremy Maclin announced loud and clear last week that he's fully recovered from his health problems. The rest of our receiving corps has too much talent and too much pride to continue the way they have the past couple of weeks. And I think Cam has shown pretty conclusively that he's ready to play now."

Newton stepped off the Nightmares private jet on Tuesday night wearing a protective boot around his ankle and just two career starts under his belt. Yet, by Wednesday afternoon, he was named the starter for this weekend's game against the division rival Vikings. Was there hesitation to put him this week or, for that matter, to pull the trigger to acquire him in the first place? Eric Rash explains it like this: "We had some interest in Stafford, but he was traded before we had even really put an offer together. So, we kind of stepped back and looked at things. What was it we liked about Stafford? Well, we liked that he had some experience and was producing well, yet was young and had enormous potential for the future, too. Meanwhile, I'd also been looking at Cam Newton, but had kept a fairly skeptical stance, since he's a rookie.

Yet, that lack of experience is the only thing that kept Cam from having the same appeal for us as Stafford. So, the question was, how much of a difference does it truly make that he's a rookie? In some ways, it's even more impressive. Here's a kid that is producing at an extremely high level, despite being on an NFL team that's not very good and has asked him to largely shoulder the load, when most rookie QB's are spoon fed and asked to do little more than "manage the game". He's also doing all this without the benefit of a full training camp, due to the lockout. I watched his first NFL start and I was impressed to not just see a young, "athletic" QB taking advantage of bad defense. I saw a confident leader standing in the pocket with poise and making the defense look bad. Still, along with everyone else, I fully expected him to get eaten alive in Week 2. As you know, though he did make a few mistakes, he more than made up for them with still more amazing plays. If he could do all that now, just imagine what he could do when he does get some experience. And perhaps most encouraging of all was the maturity and desire to get better that he's showed. After literally rewriting the record books, all I heard this kid talk about after his game wasn't himself or what he'd accomplished, but rather his regret over losing. That speaks volumes to me.".

Though the Nightmares know that Newton is bound to eventually fall from his current place in the stratosphere, they see no reason to think that he'll crash all the way to Earth. "Will he continue at 400+ yards a clip? Even if he doesn't, he's still going to contribute to this team. Hell, his stats can go down 5 or 10 points a game and he'll still be giving us great production. Sure, he'll hit some bumps, but if a Dom Capers defense couldn't shut him down, it's hard for me to imagine him just flat falling on his face too often". One thing is for certain, whether Newton rises or falls, the Nightmares future has significantly changed.

While on the topic of trades, is it looked down upon for me to come on here and say something like "Player A is up for trade in return I'd like Position B/Picks"

I don't see why not. It certainly happens from time to time. Most of the time I try to just approach other owners. Nice way to get a potential bidding war though.

No problem with that, though I'm with Ex in that I'd encourage people just to use the Trading Block feature we already have on our league site. It's nice, neat, and organised. In seasons past, I used to set mine & check occasionally, but I haven't bothered since it became clear it wasn't being used. Either way, we should try and decide on an "official" trading block (NN or ESPN), so that we're all on the same page and the people that do want to use this method will all be going to the same place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.