Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taste

4 replies to this topic

Foxglove

Foxglove

24-7 Rachet!

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
(I'm posting this incomplete version to shame me into finishing it before the deadline. :lol: )

The worst day of my life started with Sarah bringing me breakfast, something she'd never done before.
"What's this?" I asked.

"Just some scrambled eggs and tomatoes. I noticed you've haven't been starting off your day right in weeks."

"I've had a lot on my mind."

Sarah sat the plate down on the table between us and sat across from me. She shoveled eggs, bacon, and tomatoes on to my plate and then hers.

I sighed. "I'm not still angry with you, you know. It's okay."

Sarah said nothing for a long time. Enough for me to put away half my breakfast. Finally, she sighed. "I'm moving out."

"That's an overreaction. It was one fight."

"A fight about something that's never going to chance. I love Carl, Mom, and that's never going to change."

"He's twice your age. That's never going to change either. When he's 60, you'll only be-."

"Yeah, I know, I remember from last night. I get it. I'm not supposed to be with somebody who makes me happy right here and now because of how things might be 20 years from now. I get that."

I was getting the same headache I'd had last night. "Okay, let's put age aside. What about his temper? He almost killed a man the first time you ever saw him."

"A man who was trying to rape me!"

"Which is why you fell for him. He saved you. Something I'm eternally grateful for, by the way. But-."

"No! No buts! This conversation is over!" Sarah jumped up and ran out of the room.

(to be continued)

Richcelt

Richcelt

Musician, Historian, and Stalker Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 8,375 posts
Deadline?

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,751 posts
--> Contest announcement with terrible thread title

Edited by NumberSix, 27 August 2011 - 06:35 PM.

Richcelt

Richcelt

• Members
  • 8,375 posts
Yeah, no kidding "terrible title". Sheesh! Okay, I'll come back to this Foxglove (especially if you write more).

Richcelt

Richcelt

• Members
  • 8,375 posts
Okay, NOW I'll read and give critique...

From mother's perspective. Interesting. Looks like a good beginning. Is there any more?

Reply to this topic