Lando - LOOKJ

monkeygirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yesterday I was listening to NPR and they were talking about this race that you can enter in for charity. You fly to London and buy a crappy car. Like it can only have a certain size engine and it has to be old. Then you try to get at least one sucker but more is good to go with you. You then race from London to this airport on the East coast of Russia. I forget the name of the city. You go through 22 countries. And you have to get by on your wits. If you call the race organizers and ask for help they will laugh and hang up. One guy who did this died! And I decided I want to do this thing. It's a fundraiser. You get people to pledge. Kind of like getting people to pledge for how many miles you will walk. The most dangerous things about this is you have to go through places like Iran and many of the 'stans and also you have to plan your gas stops carefully in Mongolia. Then they talked about this place you can stop at along the way called the Door to Hell. Basically 40 years ago it was Soviet territory and it was a mine. During excavation they unearthed some natural gas that spewed forth. So the Soviets said "SET IT ON FIRE" and it will burn itself out. 40 years later it's still burning. A giant crater in the ground. SOLD I say!

So I know we're not supposed to post stories about the pictures but man:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.