Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Other Batman Thread

46 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I'm thinking the LOS turned to Bane to do the job they wanted Bruce to fulfill: Lead the league into Gotham to destroy it. They know all about Bruce, his secret identity as Batman and will give Bane all the same training Bruce got. Pair that, with the Venom, and you've got a bat-sized ass kicking. Bane's smart though... he'll first use all the LOS's knowledge of Bruce and he'll hit him where it hurts first: Gordon & Alfred. I would say he might pull a Knightfall by blowing up a prison, making Batman exhausted and easy to crush... but they already did that in begins. Should be fun.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,716 posts

I'm hoping Nolan does something really worthwhile because the comic character is junk.

Glad we are seeing a not well known character and Nolan is expanding the Batman lore. According to the trailer it looks like Batman may have his back broken which will make for good story. Last movie the Joker was a psychological opponent now we need a physical opponent since Batman can kick everyone's asses until now.

I agree. Bane is a boring villain: he was sort of Batman's answer to Superman's Doomsday, another boring, one-trick pony character.

The only way I see Bane being interesting is if Nolan puts a spin on Bane where he is part of Ras al Goul's League of Shadows like he did with Scarecrow, or maybe having Bane even filling the power vacuum of the LOS following Ras al Goul's defeat\death\disappearance (whatever it ends up being, depending on if Nolan introduces the Lazarus Pit or not).
  • Ryn +1 this

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
Posted Image

so by "young" are they tricking us because Ra's al Ghul mind-melted his way into a younger body?
are they just using neeson for flashbacks like dafoe in spiderman?

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,746 posts

I'm hoping Nolan does something really worthwhile because the comic character is junk.

As the only Nightly member who reads Secret Six, I'm forced to disagree with your thesis.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,746 posts
I hate Ra's in the comics, but liked how he was handled in Batman Begins. I don't need an encore, though. I get tired of seeing the same villains used in films again and again and again and again (see: Lex Luthor).

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
it seems like there's such a ridiculously long history for ra's al ghul that a couple movies could be made just about him. he is like 800 years old and had lots of success until that train hit him. i know that special lazarus **** kept him young, but he can mind-melt his way into another body, right? and how does he let his daughter get romantically involved with batman to the point where they make a baby? he doesn't seem like the genius he is supposed to be.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Someone's finally doing something worthwhile with him?

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Super genius or not, you've got a 50/50 shot your daughter's going to sneak out one night and let the local rabble rouser in a cape impregnate her. Only question is, did she pinch the bat nipples?

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,746 posts
Gail Simone added him as a team member a couple of years ago. He has this warped sense of "honor" (due to his deranged childhood, raised from birth by inmates in the prisons of Santa Prisca) that he's tried to keep intact as part of a group of villains who keep running afoul of other villains even more despicable than they are. He spent his first several issues trying to hold his own without his precious Venom boosts, with sometimes grisly results (giving as well as getting). He's become a demented father figure to Scandal Savage, the group's young lesbian leader. In the most recent issues he's had his worldview rattled after a road trip to Hell made him realize that his "honor" may be ultimately futile. He's also been recently introduced to the concept of "mating".

So yeah, in Secret Six he's been much more than just a "BANE SMASH!" kind of guy.

Naturally I expect the DC 52 relaunch to dump all that. :angry:

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

As the only Nightly member who reads Secret Six, I'm forced to disagree with your thesis.

*cough*

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,746 posts
High-five!

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts
Posted Image

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
THANKS SIX!!!

Closeup of Bane

Posted Image

i'm gonna make batman an offer he can't refuse.
bane looks so pretty. does anybody know how batman and bane teamed up?

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

it seems like there's such a ridiculously long history for ra's al ghul that a couple movies could be made just about him. he is like 800 years old and had lots of success until that train hit him. i know that special lazarus **** kept him young, but he can mind-melt his way into another body, right? and how does he let his daughter get romantically involved with batman to the point where they make a baby? he doesn't seem like the genius he is supposed to be.

Ra's actually respects Batman a lot. I'd say Bruce is one of the few that he could see his daughter pairing up with.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i like that angle. ra's also tries to take over their child, though. what's up with that? ...then the son becomes a new robin.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
can we make this the Dark Knight Returns thread for people who don't want douchey spoilers but still want to talk about the movie?

K good

Tom Hardy as Bane. I'm liking this choice. He's a small guy, but he's bulky. I hope they use a little forced perspective because making Bats taller than Bane (Bale has got what, four, five inches on Hardy?) might seem a little goofy. I like the mask. It does look like the mutant leader's teeth as someone pointed out in the other thread before I bailed on it. It also gets rid of the very convenient snip-the-facking-huge-venom-cables-coming-out-of-his-back move that Bats so heartily relies on in the comics and video games.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Don't worry. Whenever he injects the venom boost up drug, he is bodydoubled and voiced by Lou Ferrigno.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,503 posts
Posted Image
the Chinese translation

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
I want to see THAT one.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,943 posts
I want to see Spiderman stroking Dr Jackstraw.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
That's great. LOL The lack of a hyphen always annoys me however.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Yeah, seems like a detail they should have remembered. ****in Chinese!

Reply to this topic