Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Other Batman Thread

46 replies to this topic

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
or becomes Robin? joseph has that little boy look to him.

did you panic?

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
No, I thought you'd have a link to some kind of t-shirt or something.

Just a tad bit let down.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
like snape kills dumbledore?

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Or anything danger posts.. oops

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
quiet, we need more batman threads for the batman forum, geez

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
o-ok

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,107 posts
tha ****! DON'T DO THAT!!

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
well how would you have it end?

john blake kills/cripples batman.
john blake replaces batman.
john blake arrests batman.
john blake is a device for new conflict, and batman saves the day.

last one, not as interesting...

D-Ray Kenobi

D-Ray Kenobi

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

• 15,236 posts
You must have missed this a few months ago, John Blake actually is from a Batman comic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
what makes you think i don't know that?
this is a wishful thinking thread.
i'm lost in the 37 pages of batman 3.
too hard to find info and have dreams.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
Posted Image

Spoiler

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

Obi_Wan_Kenobi_0

• Members
  • 1,614 posts
Is this a joke or something? :confused: That's Kristen Bell btw...

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
more wishful thinking. the picture is a joke. the spoiler is not.

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts
mmmk.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i think that nobody should reprise the joker in this franchise, and they could add harley in a clever way.
they can tell the joker's story through her.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
They better recast The Joker for the next adaptation or they are Teh dumbzors. Ledger's Joker was neat, but he doesn't own the character. Even the late great Reeve doesn't own Superman.

Recast the Joker. The sooner the better. The next adaptation needs the character as much as each adaptation before it. As respectful and art inspired as Ledger was I think he'd say the same thing if he could.

It doesn't honor him or his take on The Joker to just retire the character. From this present adaptation or a future one. However I can understand if this present adaptation is done with the character regardless of Ledger or not. It was done, that's fine.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
someone new would leave a bad taste in my mouth. he own's the character in this franchise. hell, ledger's joker could have it's own franchise. the next franchise can have a new joker. even a new director is gonna break my heart. it makes a difference, TRUST me. jaws, the bourne series, or x-men, for example. but i'm not getting my hopes too high because i remember the godfather part III, at world's end, and spiderman 3.

so my wishful thinking is: no new joker, that story could be told through harley quinn, and nolan, please make more.

edit, i meant potc3, not 2

Edited by danger, 15 July 2011 - 12:38 AM.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
random batman thought of the day. by univesres i mean everything from movies, tv shows, comics, books, video games, pop culture, and merchandising. just because you like one more, doesn't mean the other isn't really good or really fun too.

saying that, i love me some star wars, and i can easily say i like batman more. i have every live-action movie from both (including all three versions of ANH, ESB, & ROTJ), seen the tv shows (didn't like clone wars, love the batman animated series), i read batman comics & comic versions of star wars, a novel or two, more old batman games & more new star wars games, but i think i had more batman toys growing up (a lot more) and i've kept/collected more star wars stuff in the past few years. if i had to pick a favorite movie i would say the dark knight verses empire strikes back, and i don't have an answer for that.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
BASICALLY in the comics he was born in a prison, his dad escapes, and bane finishes out his dad's sentence...then prison bad guys put venom in him, making him super strong (he was already super smart from reading books). eventually he finds a way to rehabilitate and kick the venom.
i don't see this happening in the new movie. can there be a bane without venom?

bane frees a bunch of villains from arkham asylum to distract batman, then later ambushes batman at home and paralyzes him.
well, scarecrow kinda free all the arkham asylum people in batman begins. they wouldn't break batman, would they?

i need some bane education. i like the actor, but i want to know more about the character.
how does ra's al ghul know bane?
and bane has also been an ally to batman, right? how did they team up?

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
I'm hoping Nolan does something really worthwhile because the comic character is junk.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
my thought has always been, bane is boring.
but i have no idea what him and ra's al ghul's relationship is.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i changed my mind. bane cripples batman. blake kills bane. blake becomes batman.

john blake was just a little kid the joker made cry...not enough time for him to grow up and become a cop in this universe.

why didn't they have harvey bullock instead?

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
I'm glad Nolan is going to take a crack at him. He has never been as badass as hhe is cracked up to be, 'cept when he broke the Bat

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Glad we are seeing a not well known character and Nolan is expanding the Batman lore. According to the trailer it looks like Batman may have his back broken which will make for good story. Last movie the Joker was a psychological opponent now we need a physical opponent since Batman can kick everyone's asses until now.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
Posted Image

was bane ever IN the league of shadows?

Reply to this topic