Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2011 NFF Draft Central

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
245 replies to this topic

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
With the 21st pick of the 2011 Nightly Football Federation Draft, the Texas DDT select....

Posted Image

Cedric Benson, RB

and with the 22nd pick in the 2011 Nightly Football Federation Draft, the Texas DDT select....

Posted Image

Chad Ochocinco, WR

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Posted Image

:thumbsup: :lol: :thumbsup:

Matthew McConaughey

Matthew McConaughey

N.F.F. Correspondent

• Members
  • 31 posts
With the 23rd pick of the 2011 Draft, Ash's Ruff Puppies select:

Greg Olsen, TE - Carolina Panthers

Posted Image

Austin Tanks are now on the clock!

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Thank you Mr. McConaughey for getting my pick in, I was in deep talks with a future target and couldn't get away. By the way, loved that movie Sahara. Oscar material it was

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
The Austin Tanks select:

The Eagles Defense.

Posted Image

Asomugha on the homerun CB signing by the Austin Tanks: yes I wanted to play for the Austin Tanks so that the owner could unveil our new look D code named Eagles Defense. Plus, when we take on the "fake" Austin (Steelers) team, I am motivated to have a pick 6 to the house!

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

Posted Image

With the 25th pick of the 2011 Draft... Rock's Heels select:

A.J. Green, WR - Cincinnati Bengals

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Because choosing between these two every week drove me to drink last year and I'm looking for an excuse not to be sober, with the 26th pick in the 2011 NFF Draft, the Nightmares reassemble their two-headed QB monster and select...

Josh Freeman, QB, TB Posted Image

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,260 posts
Posted Image

With the 27th pick of the 2011 NFF Draft... Dexy's Mignight Haters selects:

Fred Jackson, RB, Buffalo Bills

Posted Image

Edited by Lucas1138, 01 August 2011 - 09:05 AM.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Hmm, I've noticed that Dex seems to draft better when he's not here...
  • UK Legend Killa +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts
Indeed. He might have done something crazy like taking a defense in the 2nd round. Imagine that!
  • UK Legend Killa +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,260 posts
Haha, Dex is in fact running his draft. Just via twitter, PM, and email instead of in the thread

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,260 posts

Clark, Marshall Newest Members of Team Carr
Posted Image

Team Carr owner Garrison Carr was beaming when he took to the podium to discuss the early happenings of the 6th annual NFF draft.

“Going into the draft we basically had two schools of thought going,” the owner began. “It’s no secret that we wanted to move up because we knew that there would be a bit of a run on WRs before our pick came up. We had really identified Vincent Jackson as a guy we’d love to have, he’s coming off a bad season but we were convinced he’d do well for Team Carr this season.”

Carr paused momentarily before finding the ESPN8 camera in the back of the room, taking a second to stare directly into the lens, as if speaking directly to one of the viewers at home.

“Et tu, Rock?”

Snickers from the well informed and more highly educated members of the crowd filled the air, but others sat slack jawed and unsure of what had just transpired.

“The second was to sit pat in our original draft position, take an elite tight end and hopefully find serviceable second WRs or a diamond in the rough later in the draft.”

Talks between Team Carr and multiple owners escalated and broke down a number of times in the past week a source told ESPN8.

“Carr was never entirely optimistic he could move up, but knew a compelling argument could be made for a couple of teams to trade back so he had to try,” the source said.

Team Carr was obviously unable to make a move which resulted in the war room following “plan B.”

“You’ve got a few elite Tight Ends, that could end up getting points like an above average receiver, so even though WR was a more pressing need, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to acquire Dallas Clark, who was by far and away the best player on our board,” Carr said.

The Indianapolis Tight End has been a fantasy force the past several seasons, despite missing time last year. In 2009, as a member of the Nightmares, Clark hauled in 100 catches for 1100 yards and 10 TDs. Before he went down last season he was averaging 8.5ppg, which was good for the number three tight end in the league.

“I can’t tell you how excited we are to have Dallas on the team,” Carr said. “It’s been a long time since Team Carr has had an elite Tight End in the lineup. That position has been snakebitten for us since the very first season.”

The mercurial Jeremy Shockey turned in an above average season at the TE spot in Year 1 for Team Carr before going down at the end of the year, ever since then Team Carr has been searching for a dependable Tight End.

Team Carr drafted Brandon Marshall with their 2nd round draft selection. 2011 will mark Marshall’s 3rd consecutive season with Team Carr.

“And Brandon....” Carr said. “Why can’t I quit him?”

For the first time since his last year in Denver we won’t be relying on him as a number 1 guy, thanks to the acquisition of Hakeem Nicks.”

Carr struggled in the WR department all of last season, having moments of brilliance but poor WR play was tantamount in Team Carr ending the season on a 6 game losing streak, costing them the divisional title.

“I’m extremely pleased with our team thus far,” Carr said. “Probably more so than I have been in a long time. Hopefully the season is a good one. I can’t wait to finish this draft and do what I do best.”

Sources around the league speculate that Team Carr will take a Defense/Special Teams in round 3 to help round out the starting lineup.

“That’s horsesh*t,” responded Carr.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Rock, I'm perfectly fine if I'm the only person who gets my draft strategy. It changes every year and, judging by the fair amount of success I've had in recent years, it works for me. I'm hardly the first person to give Dex sh*t about making some questionable choices over the years (he's admitted to as much more than once). Actually, that was sort of my backhanded way of complimenting his first couple of picks.

Though, I have to say, it's a lot more fun to give Dex sh*t when he's actually here. I kind of miss the bastard.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Relying on Nicks as a #1 wr, that tells me all I need to know about that team. Have fun in the Toilet Bowl Team Carr!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I went w/ Nicks in his 2nd year based on some statistical comparisons and whatnot. If I remember correctly, some of you guys threw up some question marks about me selecting such an unproven player so early in the draft last season. Worked out for the best, as I currently possess the trophy you all are after :)

Back to Nicks...it's a solid choice w/ Smith not eating up receptions, but his health is apparently a question mark. If he stays healthy, he's a good pick. I'd have taken him again had he been available, but that's less attributed to statistics and positional rank than it is familiarity. I've re-drafted Kenny Britt for the 3rd time, for example.

Irish is right about Nicks if he's referring to injury potential, but on the flipside it's an interesting gamble if he stays healthy.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I have a feeling that Lucas could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their prime and Irish would still make fun of him for it. It's a matter of tradition.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

Rock, I'm perfectly fine if I'm the only person who gets my draft strategy. It changes every year and, judging by the fair amount of success I've had in recent years, it works for me. I'm hardly the first person to give Dex sh*t about making some questionable choices over the years (he's admitted to as much more than once). Actually, that was sort of my backhanded way of complimenting his first couple of picks.

Though, I have to say, it's a lot more fun to give Dex sh*t when he's actually here. I kind of miss the bastard.

Dude, I was just giving you some sh*t too. Relax! You always have good years, so I'm not legitimately criticizing you at all. You always do unusual things like dropping roddy and keeping a TE, but it always works out for you. I think it's some kind of voodoo, personally.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,260 posts

I have a feeling that Lucas could have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their prime and Irish would still make fun of him for it. It's a matter of tradition.

:shrug:

I mean I'm not the one that ended up without a 1st and 2nd round pick this year with nothing to show for it, so I'm comfortable with where I stand.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
With the 28th pick in the 2011 Nightly Football Federation Draft, the Texas DDT select....

Posted Image

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Dude, I was just giving you some sh*t too. Relax! You always have good years, so I'm not legitimately criticizing you at all. You always do unusual things like dropping roddy and keeping a TE, but it always works out for you. I think it's some kind of voodoo, personally.

I thought we'd banned Voodoo, Witchcraft and all other types of Occultist magic?

*Goes to find Ouijia Board to ask who Lohr will take next*

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
With the 29th pick of the draft the Austin Steelers take...

Posted Image

Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts
With the 30th pick in the NFF Draft, the Micks select...Owen Daniels, TE, Houston Texans.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

• 14,874 posts

I mean I'm not the one that ended up without a 1st and 2nd round pick this year with nothing to show for it, so I'm comfortable with where I stand.

Touché. I'm surprised at the lack of **** I got for sending Arian Foster AND a first rounder to uck lick.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
With the 31st pick of the draft (and using dreams to communicate) the Kangaroos select...

Ryan Williams, RB, Arizona

Posted Image

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Touché. I'm surprised at the lack of **** I got for sending Arian Foster AND a first rounder to uck lick.

I've been burned by a sophomore Texans RB once before. I'm waiting to make sure he doesn't pull a Slaton on me before rubbing it in too much