Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starhawk

3rd Person Shooter Sci-Fi Sony PS3 Warhawk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Starhawk, not to be confused with the pagan author and activist movement, is a 3rd Person Multiplayer Centric Shooter and the sequel to the PS3's Warhawk. Starhawk is due out for the PS3 in December 2012.

From the vids I've seen the game might feature the much talked about transitions that Star Wars Battlefront 3 was going to have... being able to be on foot, jump into a craft, fly around the battlefield and up into space if desired and without loading screen transitions.

Also Starhawk will have a SINGLE PLAYER campaign! Woohoo! I'm excited for that. The one thing I most wanted with Warhawk was to play offline and in a campaign mode. This mode in Starhawk looks to be a great place to learn the battle system and hone combat skills, so hopefully this will translate to smarter players online and thus more fun and challenging online battles.

Anyone else excited?

http://starhawkthegame.com/

Edited by The Human Torch, 05 November 2011 - 11:08 AM.

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
First I'm hearing of it. I have Warhawk on the PS3 (we have to hook up), but the thing that turned me off about it was that it is online only. I always liked Battlefield 1942 because you can play against bots. It was a great way to practice, & learn the lay of the land, which is always a plus when playing against real players. My problem with online games is that if I don't play constantly, the online players run away with the game & I can never catch up to their skill level. That being said, Starhawk sounds great! I will definitely keep my eyes open for it.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I agree. Being online only really helps the younger players and/or players that live gaming to dominate the experience.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,078 posts
The name sounds like it should have been an 80s cartoon

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Like SILVERHAWKS! The ThunderCats cousins or something.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I would totally watch that cartoon and I'll be playing this game :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3rd Person, Shooter, Sci-Fi, Sony, PS3, Warhawk