Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[UPDATE: PSN is back!] Teh HAXORS! PSN go down.

Sony PSN Hacked Anonymous PS3

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I got InFamous and Ratchet and Clank.

Ratchet and Clank has seriously gone down in my estimations (or maybe I have just grown up). Loving inFamous though. Gonna play it through as good then bad

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
inFamous is great. It's a game that has come closest to my dreamed of Superhero Sandbox game. The only difference is in my dream game we, the players, get to create the protag and his costume etc.

Gamevet

Gamevet

• 4,433 posts
Yeah, I liked iNFAMOUS, but the game was way too long. I must have finished about 70% of the game, but got burned out after 50 something hours.

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts

Yeah, I liked iNFAMOUS, but the game was way too long. I must have finished about 70% of the game, but got burned out after 50 something hours.

Too long? That's not something you hear often!

I grabbed pretty much every game apart from racket and clank as I have 3 legit accounts.

Tried playing LittleBigPlanet for the first time in years and realised I didn't like it anymore.

Dead Nation is fun in an old skool way.

Other than that i've not tried the rest out.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

inFamous is great. It's a game that has come closest to my dreamed of Superhero Sandbox game. The only difference is in my dream game we, the players, get to create the protag and his costume etc.

I'd love for more games to have the same character customization feature that Saint's Row II has.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Oh yeah! I read a GameInformer article about SR2. That customization looks sweet.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,758 posts
Got our free copy of inFamous now (only took 27+ hours to download -- yay AT&T DSL! :angry: ), but we can't decide on our second pick. Ratchet & Clank was AWOL from the list of options, apparently replaced by Super Stardust HD, whatever that is.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
I own Super Stardust HD. It's a shooter, a new school version of say something like Asteroids and Galaga. I haven't played in ages, but I found it to nearly be addictively fun when I was playing.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

There's a vid of Stardust gameplay. The visuals are so cool when you play the game. Everything is stunningly bright, just awesomely vivid colors and animated so smoothly. The combat is classic arcade hectic and at times just gets mindbogglingly insane... like the ai program has Spaceball levels of difficulty ("they've gone plaid!"). I swear the program gets mad when you're doing too well and then decides to stop at nothing to crush all your hopes and dreams. LOL even said though I actually paid for it years ago and I don't regret it, it was fun. Also I managed to get the "don't use weapons for 5 minutes" trophy or however long the challenge was for. It took me so long to get, but it was a stupidly fun process. Infuriating, but like laughingly so. Probably not a challenge or game for everyone, but it was fun for me.

Edited by The Human Torch, 21 June 2011 - 01:04 AM.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• 11,652 posts
I never liked the Infamous demo so I didnt like the game. Now that I have it, I am definately liking it.

Durty D

Durty D

Star Wars nerd

• Members
  • 5,919 posts

I never liked the Infamous demo so I didnt like the game. Now that I have it, I am definately liking it.

Same, I played the demo a while back and thought meh.

Since downloading the whole game i am enjoying it more. It's like a better realised version of Crackdown. I spend a lot of my time collecting shards and doing side missions.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,758 posts

Same, I played the demo a while back and thought meh.

Good to know I wasn't alone in thinking that. Gonna be a while before we actually have time to play it, but I'm glad we scored a copy gratis while we could.

There's a vid of Stardust gameplay. The visuals are so cool when you play the game. Everything is stunningly bright, just awesomely vivid colors and animated so smoothly. The combat is classic arcade hectic and at times just gets mindbogglingly insane... like the ai program has Spaceball levels of difficulty ("they've gone plaid!"). I swear the program gets mad when you're doing too well and then decides to stop at nothing to crush all your hopes and dreams. LOL even said though I actually paid for it years ago and I don't regret it, it was fun. Also I managed to get the "don't use weapons for 5 minutes" trophy or however long the challenge was for. It took me so long to get, but it was a stupidly fun process. Infuriating, but like laughingly so. Probably not a challenge or game for everyone, but it was fun for me.

I sat and stared at that for four minutes until I realized I was just sitting and staring at it. Looks to me like a reverse-version of Gyruss or Tempest.

Downloading now. Thanks! :thumbsup:

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
No problem. Hope you like it.

Also... just a reminder for all of us:

1. The free stuff month is almost up.
2. If you're downloading your goods, remember about any possible data caps your service might have if you have tiered service. A buddy of mine had tiered service with a low data transfer limit and all his freebies ended up costing him nearly a 100 bucks in overage fees. Poor dude.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sony, PSN, Hacked, Anonymous, PS3