Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Free Realms

MMO F2P RPG Sony PS3 PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Sony ported over it's already well established PC Free To Play MMO to their PS3. Graphically Free Realms looks like a PS2 title, stylistically the graphics look like Disney Extreme Skate Adventure. Gameplay is a massive mix of mini games, lots of fetch quests, co-op raids, PVP and badge hunting. Broadband required.

In short: Free Realms is a cute time waster.

My kiddos and I have been playing since it launched for the PS3 on April 1st. The game only allows one character per account, so our ingame toon is Zambingo / Male / Human.

My favorite mini game is Soccer. Followed by Harvesting (which is like a Bejeweled puzzler). My son favors kart racing and combat quests. My daughter just likes walking around and looking at stuff.

Free Realms is a big download, the package in the PSN store is "small", but after install of that the game requires a 700+ MB update (which it automatically does once you start the game up). So depending on your innerwebs, sitting down to play this for the first time could take 40 minutes + before you're actually in the game.

Edited by The Human Torch, 05 November 2011 - 11:11 AM.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Afterthought: Either I never understood the origin of the meme or Sony has a hip sense of humor... earlier today I noticed there are Domo's chasing kittens thru the forests in this game. LOL

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
I played for a while yesterday (as you saw) & it is a very fun game & as you say, a great time waster. I have to find some extra time to play more.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Yeah it is fun. I was surprised at how enjoyable some of the mini-games are. Combat quests are a bit hectic, aiming is stupidly loose, but overall even the combat is fair enough but not anything special. I played the soccer mini game like 10 times in a row. It's so simple and silly. Earlier today I was having fun wasting away my time by just exploring the world. I leveled up my "Adventurer" job to 13 just by visiting different cities and finding hidden exploration markers.

Funny thing is, during Closed Beta Testing for PS Home, I kept telling the devs that Home needed stuff like this. Essentially I was describing Free Realms to them and I hadn't even played it. LOL They must have thought I was a Free Realms junkie or something.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Just found out that Trophies only pop for members. $5 for one month or $35 for lifetime. There are other plans, but realistically those seem the best two options.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MMO, F2P, RPG, Sony, PS3, PC