Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top 5 Movies Mofos need to stop referencing.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,774 posts

MASS HYSTERIA

ENOUGH!

What if you're wrong?

Darth Kcorbe

Darth Kcorbe

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
then this turns into the new Movie Quote Game thread. :yes:

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts
Every time someone quotes Monty Python, especially the Holy Grail, I want to punch them in the throat. Not only am I sick of hearing quotes from that movie, but whenever there is at least one other nerd within earshot, there has to be a monty python a geek-a-thon. As soon as said nerd within earshot hears the quote, the original quoter, and the any other nerd that hears him\her have to continually try to out quote each other, to demonstrate who knows more Monty Python quotes.:(

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

It's still funny....Dinsdale.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Silence! What is all this insolence? You will find yourself in gladiator school vewy quickly with wotten behaviour like that!

Zombai

Zombai

• Members
  • 21 posts
Pretty much agree. I'm tired of Fight Club references too, they have annoyed me since the movie came out.

That and friggen "I see dead people" God, that needs to just die.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

Wow, that is somehow funnier than the 687532189423246.1 times I heard it before! :rolleyes:

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 885 posts
nobody mentioned any Austin Powers quotes because those NEVERget boring

"YEEEEEEEAAAAHHH BAAAABY!"

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts

Wow, that is somehow funnier than the 687532189423246.1 times I heard it before! :rolleyes:

I love me some Sheep Murderer but she needs 30 days in the hole for even going there. Though, really, any Monty Python quote has been run into the ****ing ground, rotted there, and stank to high heaven a decade ago.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,774 posts

I love me some Sheep Murderer but she needs 30 days in the hole

I've often thought about going 30 days in her hole, too.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts

I love me some Sheep Murderer but she needs 30 days in the hole for even going there. Though, really, any Monty Python quote has been run into the ****ing ground, rotted there, and stank to high heaven a decade ago.

It's only a flesh wound

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Case in point. LOL

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,122 posts
Cheer up Dex. You know what they say. Some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Some things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle. And this'll help things turn out for the best, heyyyyy......

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts

Case in point. LOL

It's a fair cop. I suppose you could hang me from a LARCH.

I always liked this one....

I own the entire Monty Python's Flying Circus DVD set....I can quote them a little too well.

(Threaten ME will you? I'll quote at you for hours!)

Edited by Sheep Murderer, 04 May 2011 - 08:46 PM.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Worst part about the Monty Python quoting is the inevitably wretched british accent the dumb **** is attempting to pull off along with the quote. Seriously terrible every time.

Justus

Justus

• 13,081 posts

5) The Godfather. I hate to break this to you, but the first movie wasn't even the best movie in the franchise so stop ****ing referencing it! Oh, and the Sopranos pwned you as far as this genre too, so you're twice ****ed. Let this movie DIE already. Jesus!

So let's get this straight: a C-level, poorman's ripoff of Scorsese's mob films (and clones) "pwned" one of the greatest mob--or standard films of all time? Dude, that's like saying (circa 1978) "shut the f*ck up about Star Wars, already! It's overrated, and Battlestar Galactica blows that sh*t away!"

4) Scarface. Oh, hi there screenwriter/graphic novel writer! I think it's so cute that you love that "say Hello to my little friend" line, I really do. But IT'S. BEEN. DONE. So if you're deeply stupid and so still feel the need to repave that already well blazed trail, why don't you instead come over and say hello to my big friend, Mr. Bullhead.

No argument there. The truly grating part of Scarface worship is that most of the films' latter-day devotees miss the message of Montana's story, only obsessing on the gangster/power/decadence crap, or as you point out, overused lines having no relation to the content.

3) Any Star Wars movie. Just don't. I'm begging you.

Gag Kevin Smith, Seth Green and Seth MacFarlane, and the problem is over and done.

2) The Wizard of Oz. It's not funny, it's not even in the same universe as original, and its not clever. Oh, and on top of everything else, you're wrong anyway! So stop comparing your characters to the main four in this movie. Stop it! NOW! All other references to this movie suck too, FYI.

Yeah, but TV and movie writers think they're clever when referencing classic movies. They can just hear the critics showering them with a "brilliant" or "intelligent" for grafting classic characters on the asses of their dreck (see: Scrubs).

1) Casablanca. QUIT IT! SERIOUSLY! **** some Nazis, **** some Bogart, **** some Sam playing it again. Everybody and his unoriginal ****ing mother referencing this all the time will make me hate this movie and I don't want to hate it. So stop it!

Don't hate the film. Hate the people you refer to!