Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Top 5 Movies Mofos need to stop referencing.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, we get it, mofos. These movies were awesome back in the day. Hell, they're awesome now for the most part. But, and this in important so lean up close now, THEY'VE BEEN REFERENCED ENOUGH! TV shows, other movies, graphic novels, regular novels, even songs. WE GET IT. These movies make Tank sob about how awesome they are. That's great. But there are, ya know, like 5 million OTHER movies that've been made since so maybe one of those doesn't suck and could use a shout out? What do you think? Thanks!

5) The Godfather. I hate to break this to you, but the first movie wasn't even the best movie in the franchise so stop ****ing referencing it! Oh, and the Sopranos pwned you as far as this genre too, so you're twice ****ed. Let this movie DIE already. Jesus!

4) Scarface. Oh, hi there screenwriter/graphic novel writer! I think it's so cute that you love that "say Hello to my little friend" line, I really do. But IT'S. BEEN. DONE. So if you're deeply stupid and so still feel the need to repave that already well blazed trail, why don't you instead come over and say hello to my big friend, Mr. Bullhead.

3) Any Star Wars movie. Just don't. I'm begging you.

2) The Wizard of Oz. It's not funny, it's not even in the same universe as original, and its not clever. Oh, and on top of everything else, you're wrong anyway! So stop comparing your characters to the main four in this movie. Stop it! NOW! All other references to this movie suck too, FYI.

1) Casablanca. QUIT IT! SERIOUSLY! **** some Nazis, **** some Bogart, **** some Sam playing it again. Everybody and his unoriginal ****ing mother referencing this all the time will make me hate this movie and I don't want to hate it. So stop it!
  • NumberSix and Sonny +1 this

Mitth'raw'nuroudo

Mitth'raw'nuroudo

the grand admiral LIVES

• Members
  • 433 posts
I think someone needs a cookie. :angel:

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Easy there, Dex. Since this is the beggining of a beautiful friendship, I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. I know you've got a bad feeling about this, but we're not in Kanas anymore so say hello to my little friend.
  • The Maker, The Human Torch, SleepinGiant and 7 others like this

Mitth'raw'nuroudo

Mitth'raw'nuroudo

the grand admiral LIVES

• Members
  • 433 posts
Posted Image

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,254 posts
Tex, that was downright artful.

tebowsexual

tebowsexual

• Members
  • 260 posts
the "run forrest run" line is agonizingly painful to keep having to hear.

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
You forget Pulp Fiction. I love that movie, but the people who keep relentlessly quoting it need to die.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,758 posts

Tell him about the Twinkie.
  • Cerina +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Tex, say hello to my big friend, Mr. Bullhead. :drool:

the "run forrest run" line is agonizingly painful to keep having to hear.

If I'd have gone to 10, Forest Gump would have been number 6 for sure.

You forget Pulp Fiction. I love that movie, but the people who keep relentlessly quoting it need to die.

Ten years ago I'd have agreed with you whole heartedly. For the first half dozen years after Pulp Fiction came out EVERYBODY was referencing it. But I haven't really run across it at all recently except for a House episode and that had a real throw back feel to it. Where are you seeing it lately? ****ty shows like The Office or something?

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
As if I watch any of that. No, I hear it more from actual people.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Oh, well, in that case, go nuts with a flaming chainsaw and prevent that ****. :drool:

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts
Quoting I can't stand from actual people include

1. 2001: sick of hearing "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.." or any other line by HAL followed by "Dave."
2. Pick any line from any Star War movie, especially "....I am your Faaaatherrr!"
3. Highlander "There can be only one"
4. Rocky: "Yo Adrian"
5. Rambo "It's over Johnny."

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts
HAL quotes can be funny when used sparingly.

What about the Terminator? "I'll be back."

The Shining? "Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I would have figured you for a Shining fan. I honestly can't stand jocks and their Scarface fetish.

Sonny

Sonny

Scared of MonkeyDog

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

No sale! Dropping the perfect Star Wars line into conversation is the only reason I get out of bed in the morning.
  • Cerina and Bethany +1 this

Sheep Murderer

Sheep Murderer

Sure I'm a boy?

• Members
  • 6,986 posts

I would have figured you for a Shining fan. I honestly can't stand jocks and their Scarface fetish.

I am. I just want people to stop saying that quote! It usually doesn't make sense when they use it...

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,054 posts

No sale! Dropping the perfect Star Wars line into conversation is the only reason I get out of bed in the morning.

BUT HARVEST IS WHEN I NEED YOU MOST!
  • NumberSix +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,255 posts

I am. I just want people to stop saying that quote! It usually doesn't make sense when they use it...

I mainly like to say it when I drop my pants

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,054 posts
Oh, my 5 for popular culture's referencing/influencing are The Matrix, Ferris Bueller, that stupid scene from that movie where the boyfriend & girlfriend are kissing on the beach and the waves roll in, When Harry Met Sally (see : many romantic comedies), and The Last Starfighter (WHAT HAVE YE WROUGHT, COMPUTER GENERATED IMAGERY!?).

For casual conversation among people the 5 are Fight Club, Goonies, The Princess Bride, Braveheart, and Napoleon Dynamite.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Two good lists, especially that beach CRAP. Ain't nobody ****ing on the beach. Not more than once, anyway.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

HAL quotes can be funny when used sparingly.

they can be, but rarely are.

What about the Terminator? "I'll be back."

this is true

The Shining? "Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"

what is odd is there are probably more people who associate that quote with the Shining now, than the Johnny Carson Show.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Whoa, That's a scary ****ing idea. There's a TV Trope for that, for all the cases where a parody or reference has actually become more famous than what it was originally parodying or referencing.

Another example is the actor who played Neelix once did a standup show at DragonCon and at one point he did an impression of Johnny Carson and nobody near me in the audience had any ****ing clue what he was doing. That was very sad.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
5 movies I'm tired of tools quoting all the time not listed currently

1) The Big Lebowski
2) Borat
3) 300

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

Tell him about the Twinkie.

What about the twinkie?
  • NumberSix +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts
This is madness, Dex. Don't you realize that without Casablanca quotes, we wouldn't have ever had this song/video:

Madness.
  • Iceman +1 this