Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Top 5 Movies Mofos need to stop referencing.
Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:16 PM
5) The Godfather. I hate to break this to you, but the first movie wasn't even the best movie in the franchise so stop ****ing referencing it! Oh, and the Sopranos pwned you as far as this genre too, so you're twice ****ed. Let this movie DIE already. Jesus!
4) Scarface. Oh, hi there screenwriter/graphic novel writer! I think it's so cute that you love that "say Hello to my little friend" line, I really do. But IT'S. BEEN. DONE. So if you're deeply stupid and so still feel the need to repave that already well blazed trail, why don't you instead come over and say hello to my big friend, Mr. Bullhead.
3) Any Star Wars movie. Just don't. I'm begging you.
2) The Wizard of Oz. It's not funny, it's not even in the same universe as original, and its not clever. Oh, and on top of everything else, you're wrong anyway! So stop comparing your characters to the main four in this movie. Stop it! NOW! All other references to this movie suck too, FYI.
1) Casablanca. QUIT IT! SERIOUSLY! **** some Nazis, **** some Bogart, **** some Sam playing it again. Everybody and his unoriginal ****ing mother referencing this all the time will make me hate this movie and I don't want to hate it. So stop it!
- NumberSix and Sonny +1 this
Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:52 PM
- The Maker, The Human Torch, SleepinGiant and 7 others like this
Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:50 PM
the "run forrest run" line is agonizingly painful to keep having to hear.
If I'd have gone to 10, Forest Gump would have been number 6 for sure.
You forget Pulp Fiction. I love that movie, but the people who keep relentlessly quoting it need to die.
Ten years ago I'd have agreed with you whole heartedly. For the first half dozen years after Pulp Fiction came out EVERYBODY was referencing it. But I haven't really run across it at all recently except for a House episode and that had a real throw back feel to it. Where are you seeing it lately? ****ty shows like The Office or something?
Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:34 PM
1. 2001: sick of hearing "I'm afraid I can't do that Dave.." or any other line by HAL followed by "Dave."
2. Pick any line from any Star War movie, especially "....I am your Faaaatherrr!"
3. Highlander "There can be only one"
4. Rocky: "Yo Adrian"
5. Rambo "It's over Johnny."
Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:09 AM
Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:59 AM
For casual conversation among people the 5 are Fight Club, Goonies, The Princess Bride, Braveheart, and Napoleon Dynamite.
Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:28 PM
they can be, but rarely are.
HAL quotes can be funny when used sparingly.
this is true
What about the Terminator? "I'll be back."
what is odd is there are probably more people who associate that quote with the Shining now, than the Johnny Carson Show.
The Shining? "Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!"
Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:11 PM
Another example is the actor who played Neelix once did a standup show at DragonCon and at one point he did an impression of Johnny Carson and nobody near me in the audience had any ****ing clue what he was doing. That was very sad.