Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Song of Snowflakes and Posies Discussion Thread

182 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• 34,219 posts
If she's dead, I'm fine with it. I was never very interested in her. She was all right when she was with Jaime, but on her own there was just nothing there.

There were too many cliffhangers in Feast for Crows. New book needs to be here now.

RUAJedi2

RUAJedi2

Snakecat

• 2,878 posts
All y'all Brienne haters can just ... cut off your manhoods and feed them to the goats. Copper excluded, of course, since I assume she lacks a manhood of her own.

IF Brienne is dead, then Sansa is doomed, doomed, doomed.

Also, if she is dead, what's the point of the end of her last POV chapter,
Spoiler

Also, why would Martin mention her at all in an update about A Dance with Dragons on his "not a blog" blog if she is dead?

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Supporter/Mods
  • 28,520 posts

Also, I'm pretty sure Ryn hasn't read the books and was just drunk posting. :D

Haven't read the books at all, but no alcohol was involved. It's just sinking in to me from the show that death ("winter"?) comes for everyone in this damned thing.

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
BRIENNE IS ONLY INTERESTING WHEN JAIMIE IS INVOLVED!

also- Rua no manhood in evidence. I fi I get the switch I'll let you know but it's unlikely.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• 34,219 posts
and please post pics if you do

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
of course!

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
Brienne is absolutely, unequivocally NOT dead

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

YOU were ok, WE were kick ass!

• Members
  • 8,899 posts
I don't think Brienne is dead either...

Can someone please tell me how to get this book on the day it is released? Without spending more on shipping than on the actual book.

Boba Sweat

Boba Sweat

Get These Hummed

• 10,501 posts

I don't think Brienne is dead either...

Can someone please tell me how to get this book on the day it is released? Without spending more on shipping than on the actual book.

call me old fashioned, but i'd go to a shop.....
  • Jedi Jami +1 this

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

• Members
  • 8,899 posts
I know right! But to do that I'd have to drive an hour. I just found out today that the nearest bookstore closed down a year ago, and that one was still half an hour away. Now you're gonna tell me to move, right?

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Just read the second book (so have scrolled down this page with my eyes firmly closed). Really enjoying this series. Was it just me or was Dany's story in CoK quite a bit weaker and smaller than hers in GoT?

I'm just hoping that Tyrion somehow survives being in King's Landing as a double cripple and with his sister 'looking after him'. Also that Sansa grows some balls and that somebody kills Rickon. That kid is annoying.

Ooooh and Loras gets to kill evil sorceress lady. Poor Renl

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• 34,219 posts
I'm out of this thread for a while. I pre-ordered from Amazon but foolishly didn't have it arrive today, I think it's only getting SHIPPED today.

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
Let me just drop in and tell everyone that the prologue is absolutely beautiful and amazing. Some of his best writing to date in my opinion... I'll be back in a few days. Off to Westeros...

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
The Reek chapter is absolutely horrifying.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,817 posts

Just read the second book (so have scrolled down this page with my eyes firmly closed). Really enjoying this series. Was it just me or was Dany's story in CoK quite a bit weaker and smaller than hers in GoT?

I'm just hoping that Tyrion somehow survives being in King's Landing as a double cripple and with his sister 'looking after him'. Also that Sansa grows some balls and that somebody kills Rickon. That kid is annoying.

Ooooh and Loras gets to kill evil sorceress lady. Poor Renl

Rickon hardly says anything, how can he be annoying.

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

• Members
  • 8,899 posts
Maybe UKLK is getting his characters mixed up? Cuz yeah, how can you hate Rickon man, he's like a four year old kid!

The Reek chapter is absolutely horrifying.

I loved it cuz I hate that guy, hate hate hate.
Spoiler

Hate the Freys even worse though. **** the Freys!

Anyway, I'm only about 300 some pages in.
Spoiler

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
No kidding. That was a shocker.

This isn't really a spoiler so I'll just say it. I'm only around 550 in to the book, but I absolutely love how the bad guys seem to have over looked just how much people in the North LOVE the Starks. Martin is amazing, there is just this constant humming beneath the surface where the Northmen are just kind of going through the motions but deep down they are fiercely loyal to the Stark kids.

Wylla Manderly = best new character

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
I've not yet read any of these books, but this thread now makes me sad.

I had dinner with a friend the other night and she mentioned that she was stopping by Borders on her way home to get this book for her Dad. It wasn't a gift for any occasion, just a nice surprise for him. She called the next morning to tell me he died unexpectedly that night before she even got home. He was only 63 and didn't have any known health problems.

So, now I don't know if I even want to read them since they depress me. :cry:

Mandard

Mandard

First Speaker

• Members
  • 21,336 posts
Well...that was interesting. (seriously, don't read until you're done)
Spoiler

So yeah, there were some strong moments, but on the whole, I find this book to be lacking. Better than AFFC, but whatever magic Martin had going a decade ago feels lost. Way too many chapters left me with a "so what" feeling. Like AFFC, most of this book feels bogged down with minutiae that just isn't very interesting. I suppose some of it's necessary setup for later, but it gets tiresome. Too many minor characters, too many subplots, too much time when things just aren't HAPPENING. This was not the case in the first three books. Maybe this is all just a problem of "the gap" and these two books were just filling out the interlude before getting back into the meat of things. It did end with some stronger chapters, so I'm still hoping for better with the next installments. Hopefully he doesn't take too long.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
The books are now available on Audiobook from audible so I don't have to spend any extra money buying them! YAAAAAAAAAY! Although they are about 24 hours long.

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

• Members
  • 8,899 posts
Spoiler

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
Wow Mandard, I feel like I usually agree with you, but we couldn't have more differing opinions...

I thought it was great, on par with the first 3...

Spoiler

Overall I loved it, and while it may have stalled a little, I think everyone is pointed in the right direction for what is going to be an epic final two chapters.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• 34,219 posts
You guys are nuts. I'm not even 200 pages in. I've waited for this book for years, I don't wanna finish it immediately! And who knows how long before the Winds of Winter gets released? I'm gonna enjoy this slowly and for as long as possible.

Ness

Ness

Slightly Above Average

• Members
  • 5,954 posts
Hurry up and finish! I wanna talk about:

Plot build-up
Climaxes
Resolution
Anticipation
Expectations

I'm getting more and more amped up for tWOW